West Wendover Killing: Toni Fratto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Wendover Killing: Toni Fratto

Came across this article and find it odd they mention her religion at all. But they did and of course.. She is Mormon..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Came across this article and find it odd they mention her religion at all. But they did and of course.. She is Mormon..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    Some of the comments at the bottom of the article are filled with the appropriate outrage about the headline.

Comment

Why is it odd? If anything, it speaks to the public perception of Mormons. Violence from Mormons is newsworthy since it is perceived to be rare. If this girl were Amish, it would be in the headline, as well.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Why is it odd? If anything, it speaks to the public perception of Mormons. Violence from Mormons is newsworthy since it is perceived to be rare. If this girl were Amish, it would be in the headline, as well.
        It's even more remarkable, considering how many orthodox Mormons are Laffertys-in-embryo; at least that's what I was told yesterday.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

While that is one opinion of why they would put that in there, I tend to think the motives were much more slanted then say.. "Hey.. This killer is Mormon!! Mormons don't usually kill people.. Let's add that to the headline"..

Comment

While that is one opinion of why they would put that in there, I tend to think the motives were much more slanted then say.. "Hey.. This killer is Mormon!! Mormons don't usually kill people.. Let's add that to the headline"..
            Like what? What motive are you envisioning in your head?

sigpic

Comment

The Brits are still angry with Wilford Woodford, et al for stealing all the good looking women and leaving the ugly ones behind -- at least that's what they tell themselves.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Like what? What motive are you envisioning in your head?
                Indy gets it...

Really, DDD, I don't need to state the obvious.. If I stumbled across this, I am sure many here in the US will also stumble across it as well..

You think it was innocent.. I don't think it was innocent at all..

Comment

Indy gets it...

Really, DDD, I don't need to state the obvious.. If I stumbled across this, I am sure many here in the US will also stumble across it as well..

You think it was innocent.. I don't think it was innocent at all..
                  I don't think it was innocent. I think it was deliberate and I stated the reason why. Her religion is newsworthy because of the violent nature of the crime.

I don't understand what you are implying.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it was innocent. I think it was deliberate and I stated the reason why. Her religion is newsworthy because of the violent nature of the crime.

I don't understand what you are implying.
                    I'm done feeding the...

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      The Brits are still angry with Wilford Woodford, et al for stealing all the good looking women and leaving the ugly ones behind -- at least that's what they tell themselves.
                      He must have let a few behind.

Comment

I'm also curious what you think the motives could have been.

Comment

So they're really calling it "West Wendover" these days?

Over two decades of driving that I-80 route from NorCal to Provo I only knew it as Wendover, the last touchdown in the godforsaken desolation of NV. I knew that a tiny part of it was in Utah but I can't imagine there being enough there for there to be a West and an East - I guess it's meant to distinguish between the gamin' and strippin' side of Wendover and the Utah part?
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            He must have let a few behind.
                            Yeah, but she married a California Mormon, so the Brits' wrath was further stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                              I'm also curious what you think the motives could have been.
                              Apparently it is so obvious that you and I are puzzled and everyone else in the thread is talking about British women (with a glaring omission of Kelly Brook and an the odd inclusion of Kates Middleton and Beckinsale???)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X