PDA

View Full Version : USC to wear home unis at UCLA?

Sizzle
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3738795

It'll cost them two timeouts, one each half, to wear their red jerseys in the Rose Bowl. Interesting. And shows SC's arrogance, even though Pete says otherwise.

il Padrino Ute
12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3738795

It'll cost them two timeouts, one each half, to wear their red jerseys in the Rose Bowl. Interesting. And shows SC's arrogance, even though Pete says otherwise.

Arrogance coming out of LA?

No way!

cougjunkie
12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Seriously what a slap in the face to UCLA, you are not the home team they are.

PC is a douche bag.

TripletDaddy
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
SC should tone down the arrogance until it actually accomplishes something as a football school.

cougjunkie
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
SC should tone down the arrogance until it actually accomplishes something as a football school.

signed,

Mercutio/Ute4ever/Fiyero/Sister Bayles

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
If it is an NCAA rule that the road team must wear white, as stated in the article, then do Georgia Tech and LSU just have exemptions?

TripletDaddy
12-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Seriously what a slap in the face to UCLA, you are not the home team they are.

PC is a douche bag.

Nah. Hermie wants to do it, too.

The article fails to mention that fucla wants to do make it an annual tradition again, as well.

This was something that both schools used to do every year until the mid 80s, I believe.

They are just looking to bring back an old tradition.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is if they wear cardinal or white, given that SC wears those colors every week anyway. The Notre Dame kelly green jersey is cool because they do it so rarely......unfortunately, they seem to suck when they wear those green jerseys, though.

il Padrino Ute
12-02-2008, 09:44 AM
If it is an NCAA rule that the road team must wear white, as stated in the article, then do Georgia Tech and LSU just have exemptions?

I'm sure they do. But then, they are BCS schools and the NCAA rules really don't apply to them.

cougjunkie
12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Nah. Hermie wants to do it, too.

The article fails to mention that fucla wants to do make it an annual tradition again, as well.

This was something that both schools used to do every year until the mid 80s, I believe.

They are just looking to bring back an old tradition.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is if they wear cardinal or white, given that SC wears those colors every week anyway. The Notre Dame kelly green jersey is cool because they do it so rarely......unfortunately, they seem to suck when they wear those green jerseys, though.

I know I was just joking, in the article I read it said that both Neuheisel and Dorrell wanted this tradition brought back.

All-American
12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
The home team may choose whether they wear white or colored uniforms. In football, the home team usually wears the colored uniform, but are not required to do so.

BlueHair
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
The home team may choose whether they wear white or colored uniforms. In football, the home team usually wears the colored uniform, but are not required to do so.

When Crowton was the coach at BYU, he had his team wear whites for one home game. It was a hot day. He also switched sidelines, so the visiting team had the sun in their face. Anyone remember which game that was?

il Padrino Ute
12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
When Crowton was the coach at BYU, he had his team wear whites for one home game. It was a hot day. He also switched sidelines, so the visiting team had the sun in their face. Anyone remember which game that was?

I think that was the game against Tulane, Crowton's first game as the Y coach. I was in attendance with some of the originals on CB.

All-American
12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I think that was the game against Tulane, Crowton's first game as the Y coach. I was in attendance with some of the originals on CB.

Nope-- they wore blue that game.

If they ever wore white, it was during the 2003 or 2004 seasons, when I was not there, for I do not recall it.

il Padrino Ute
12-02-2008, 03:53 PM

If they ever wore white, it was during the 2003 or 2004 seasons, when I was not there, for I do not recall it.

I see.

I guess I have blocked everything about that game from ever surfacing.

BlueHair
12-02-2008, 03:53 PM

BYU's website said they switched sidelines once in 2001 for the Tulane game and twice in 2002 (Hawaii and Syracuse). No mention of switching jerseys.

TripletDaddy
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
So now Hermie, being in full support of bringing back the home jerseys for the rivalry, has announced that he will call a UCLA timeout immediately after SC is assessed its penalty, so that both teams will start the game with the same amount of time outs.

I am tired of the arrogance of UCLA.

Jeff Lebowski
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
So now Hermie, being in full support of bringing back the home jerseys for the rivalry, has announced that he will call a UCLA timeout immediately after SC is assessed its penalty, so that both teams will start the game with the same amount of time outs.

That sort of goodwill and camaraderie is disgusting. And they call this a rivalry?

FMCoug
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
UCLA this year? USC could give up all their timeouts and agree to play with only 3 downs and it still wouldn't be close.

TripletDaddy
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
That sort of goodwill and camaraderie is disgusting. And they call this a rivalry?

That is the buzz around town right now. That ucla is letting SC b-slap it in its own yard.

However, I don't think this is the case. I haven't heard any SC people laughing like the school has pulled one over UCLA. In fact, what it HAS done is generated a lot of good vibes. A few of the older guys reminiscing about the old days when the home jerseys were a part of the deal.

Remember, Hermie wore the home jerseys, too. He is a part of this tradition, even moreso than Pete.

Today's LA times had a good article on it. I think the NCAA is being petty. Let them wear their jerseys. Who cares.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke3-2008dec03,0,2397125.column