.The M&M Killer:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .The M&M Killer:

In this case the mother is being tried for killing her daughter by allowing her to have M&M's that had peanuts in them. The Daughter is allergic to them.. The article states:

A suicide note written by Cirella, found in court documents, indicates that the mother admitted feeding M&Ms to her daughter the night before she died as a special treat for her participation in the wedding the following day. She says in the suicide note that when she realized the child had eaten a product containing peanuts, which she read on the candy's label, she administered liquid Benadryl to counter the effects. She said the two eventually went to sleep and she found the child dead early the following morning.

Cirella also alludes in the suicide note to ongoing disputes with her now-estranged husband, Joseph, who had been arrested earlier the same week of the wedding on charges of violating an order of protection.

"Trust me things only would have gotten worse," Cirella writes in the note. "I could not risk loosing my daughter. I could not risk her being mistreated if he killed me. No one could take care of her the way I could."

Later in the note, she writes: "I had to give her a better life, which was to give her back to heaven. She does not deserve to be in pain whatsoever. I don't mind going to hell because I took my life to give her a better life which is in heaven where she can be free."
    EDIT:I am curious to see how we respond to this? Should she get tried for murder? Was she planning to kill her daughter? Or was it in fact a distraught mother who accidentally killed her daughter and was not mentally stable at the time she wrote the suicide note...

Not to introduce the discussion of race but I think it could be an interesting discussion here.. The Mother and daughter are Black. Is the sentence harsh for this? Should it of been manslaughter??

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...146144345.html
    Last edited by dabrockster; 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM.
Working...
X