Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you in the bubble?

No... Not Utah County.

Quizzes like these are thoroughly unscientific, but they do help illustrate a troubling reality — our policy-making elite is increasingly (and often completely) disconnected from the very people they claim to “fight for.”
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...s-david-french
    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

i scored 9-12. i have seen Transformers but i have never watched Oprah all the way through.

Comment

Between 5 and 8, but I did know who Jimmie Johnson was.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        Between 5 and 8, but I did know who Jimmie Johnson was.
        Same for me, but I only knew Jimmie Johnson because of your post.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

9-12. Got JJ. Bought a pick-up. Been fishing. Haven't seen Transformers 3. Don't have any evangelical friends that I would call close. But I do have some batshit crazy liberal friends that are close.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

9 and 12.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              i scored 9-12. i have seen Transformers but i have never watched Oprah all the way through.
              Me too, but I've watched Oprah and not Transformers.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Following the CUF trend, I also scored a 9-12. I'd like to go buy some mass-market beer and watch Transformers 3 this week to up my score.

Comment

13-16.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

5-8, proud to be in the social elite
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Will SU get a negative score?
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

13-16
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                          13-16
                          Looks like you and I are the ones in touch with the common man.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Between 9 and 12.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              Looks like you and I are the ones in touch with the common man.
                              Funny. I didn't read any replies before i took the test. I thought I'd be low. You guys really are a bunch of elitist a holes.
                              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                              X