Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per PPP poll: 29% of AL Republican voters want to make interracial marriage illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per PPP poll: 29% of AL Republican voters want to make interracial marriage illegal

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...nSwing_312.pdf

I've pinged them asking for crosstabs -

I want to know who these antebellum throwback #*****s support.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

First, apologies to AL where actually only 21% want it to be illegal. It's MS where it's 29%.

And good news: Newt is the clear winner among people who want interracial marriage to be illegal!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...ssissippi.html
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Wow, about half of MS and AL Repubs think Obama is a Muslim. I'm starting to think the Republican party deserves Santorum.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

100% of them wanted to elect Boyd K. Packer president.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I wonder what some of these results would be if this survey was given to Utah Republicans?
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            I wonder what some of these results would be if this survey was given to Utah Republicans?
            Check out Question 19 in the Alabama survey form.

Q19 Are you an Alabama or Auburn fan?
            Alabama........................................... ............... 58%
            Auburn .................................................. .......... 28%
            Not sure .................................................. ........ 14%
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              100% of them wanted to elect Boyd K. Packer president.

Ouch!

Packer --><-- MarkGrace

Comment

This was not my experience when I lived in Alabama. Although I did hear such things from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                  This was not my experience when I lived in Alabama. Although I did hear such things from time to time.
                  My guess is that most people who vote this way aren't from Tuscaloosa or Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                    people can express their true feelings in an anonymous survey...
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

While not the same thing, I know my brother was quite upset that one of the aaronic priesthood lessons, from the manual, advised against mixed race marriages. His son and daughter are products of such a marriage.

While this certainly would not rise to the level of supporting a law forbidding such marriages, it would give cover for someone who would support such a thing. I hope it has been taken out of the manual.
                      Last edited by byu71; 03-13-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X