Nov. 2008, Snow Canyon, UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov. 2008, Snow Canyon, UT

Hello. I'm working on some panos from my trip out to Snow Canyon. I thought I would share them.

In addition to the two panos below, I made a Flash pano of the view from the top of one of the park's cinder cones. CLICK HERE to check it out.

Cheers!

Awesome photos. I love Snow Canyon. That's where I ran my half-marathon at the beginning of the month--fun race.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Thanks. That would be the perfect place for a half marathon. Faith is a runner too. She has a half marathon next week, here in Los Angeles. Did you see the link to the Flash Pano? I need to figure out how to get the bowing effect out of that image.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        Thanks. That would be the perfect place for a half marathon. Faith is a runner too. She has a half marathon next week, here in Los Angeles. Did you see the link to the Flash Pano? I need to figure out how to get the bowing effect out of that image.
        I just did. Dang cool.

Did you ever make it to Benja?
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Benja. If that is the Thai restaurant right in the heart of the town, then yes! Tom Kha Kai and Green Curry. Yummy!

Comment

Benja. If that is the Thai restaurant right in the heart of the town, then yes! Tom Kha Kai and Green Curry. Yummy!
            I was wondering if you got my recommendation. it's my new favorite Thai place, and I wanted an outside opinion, since I always order the same thing. Plus, we're a little hard up for good restaurants down here in southern Utah, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't just that. I do hear the Painted Pony right next door is good, but if I'm that close, I just want Thai food, so I've never made it there. The Tom Kha Kai is AMAZING, isn't it?
            Last edited by ERCougar; 12-01-2008, 05:43 PM.
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              I was wondering if you got my recommendation. it's my new favorite Thai place, and I wanted an outside opinion, since I always order the same thing. The Tom Kha Kai is AMAZING, isn't it?
              I must have hit the road before I got your rec, but as luck would have it, Benja was our only meal out of the house. Benja was very good. We had eaten there before, and will eat there again. We also tried a delicious desert made of sticky rice, mango and some kind of creamy sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Comment

Wow, good job, Robin, those are beautiful pics.
                "Remember to double tap"

Comment

I must have hit the road before I got your rec, but as luck would have it, Benja was our only meal out of the house. Benja was very good. We had eaten there before, and will eat there again. We also tried a delicious desert made of sticky rice, mango and some kind of creamy sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
                  Yeah, I've had that dessert. I tried to do it at home and it was good, but not as good as Benja's. Same with my curry.
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Wow. Well done.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Beautiful shots. They remind of our drive to and through Titus Canyon in Death Valley last week. Very nice stuff.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                        Yeah, I've had that dessert. I tried to do it at home and it was good, but not as good as Benja's. Same with my curry.
                        Oh crap! Someone is going to add 'People who mistake dessert for desert and vice versa' to the pet peeves list.

Thanks kind people. These photos are actually many photos stitched together. I'm playing around with making HDR images, which stands for 'high dynamic range.' The process requires shooting bracketed photos from a tripod. By bracketing the photos up and down an F-stop I over and underexpose the image. Shadows show more detail in the overexposed version and highlights contain more detail in the underexposed version. The middle exposure picks up the detail in the middle range. I then use software to combine the images into a version which hopefully doesn't look too painterly, but which begins to approximate the dynamic range of the human eye (which is broader than that of film and digital).

The bottom photo combines 36 images. The full version is more than 20,000 pixels wide. I can zoom in and look at the cracks in the rocks.

Comment

Robin that's pretty cool stuff.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh crap! Someone is going to add 'People who mistake dessert for desert and vice versa' to the pet peeves list.

Thanks kind people. These photos are actually many photos stitched together. I'm playing around with making HDR images, which stands for 'high dynamic range.' The process requires shooting bracketed photos from a tripod. By bracketing the photos up and down an F-stop I over and underexpose the image. Shadows show more detail in the overexposed version and highlights contain more detail in the underexposed version. The middle exposure picks up the detail in the middle range. I then use software to combine the images into a version which hopefully doesn't look too painterly, but which begins to approximate the dynamic range of the human eye (which is broader than that of film and digital).

The bottom photo combines 36 images. The full version is more than 20,000 pixels wide. I can zoom in and look at the cracks in the rocks.
                            I don't know what most of that means, but the result is awesome!

Comment

Great photo. The bottom one reminds me of a Peter Lik photograph.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X