Video I got from FB: Kony 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video I got from FB: Kony 2012

Just finished watching this video.. Very inspiring video..

[YOUTUBE]Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/YOUTUBE]

My teenage kids are all into this. What's the deal?

Comment

My High school and Junior High Schools aged kids have been talking to me about this video all week.

This thing is spreading fast.
      "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
      -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
      -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

It seems like the cause is good, however there's also been a lot of financial mismanagement with the group trying to drum up support for this cause. I'll see if I can find the link that reviews their financials.

Edit: Here's a link that reviews the Kony issues: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...d-controversy/

I don't think it's a scam as much as it's just a poorly run organization.
        Last edited by WashingtonCoug; 03-09-2012, 07:51 AM.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Devildog View Post
          My High school and Junior High Schools aged kids have been talking to me about this video all week.

This thing is spreading fast.
          Tell me about it...
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
            It seems like the cause is good, however there's also been a lot of financial mismanagement with the group trying to drum up support for this cause. I'll see if I can find the link that reviews their financials.

Edit: Here's a link that reviews the Kony issues: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...d-controversy/

I don't think it's a scam as much as it's just a poorly run organization.
            I wondered about this.. For me.. Spreading the word to ensure support (Advocacy efforts) for finding and arresting Kony is what I liked most. Not about sending funds to the organization but sending emails to congress etc is what I think I can and would support..

Comment

I was interested enough to watch it and see what it's about.

At the 24 minute mark it looks like they are shaking hands with Bob Bennett. Either some of this video is a little old, or someone else in Congress looks like an ex-Senator from Utah.

Comment

That's never good.

Jason Russell, the filmmaker behind the mega-viral "Kony 2012" documentary, was arrested in San Diego on Thursday night, NBC reported, citing the San Diego Police Department.

Russell, 33, "was taken into custody after he was found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something," NBC's San Diego affiliate reported, citing San Diego Police Department spokeswoman Lt. Andra Brown.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  lol! Poor guy. I'll bet that no one has ever regretted taking ecstasy more than this guy right now.

Comment

TMZ has some video footage of the stark naked (NSFW) Russell slapping the pavement while in a very 'wide stance.' I'm no doctor, but it seems obvious that he is suffering some kind of mental breakdown.

The video is pretty blurry, and not really offensive, so click away if you are curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      I'm not one to believe that the errors of a leader invalidate a cause.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I'm not one to believe that the errors of a leader invalidate a cause.
                        If it proves to be a psychotic episode, it may not even be an 'error.' When I heard 'masturbates in public' I first thought 'drug use,' but after seeing the TMZ video, it looks more like mental illness. It is a shame that this will cloud the issue, and give ammunition to his critics. If it turns out to be a genuine psychotic episode, I hope people will have the decency to not hold it against him and his cause.

Comment

Maybe someone was ticked at how successful his video was so they slipped him some drug to cause a psychotic episode.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Maybe someone was ticked at how successful his video was so they slipped him some drug to cause a psychotic episode.
                            Kony is clever.
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              TMZ has some video footage of the stark naked (NSFW) Russell slapping the pavement while in a very 'wide stance.' I'm no doctor, but it seems obvious that he is suffering some kind of mental breakdown.
                              Is slapping the pavement a euphemism, or is he really slapping the pavement?
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X