The Spring Camp Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spring Camp Thread.

-Oneil Chambers is wearing #62 and working out as a safety. He went down with an apparent thigh injury during drills and was unable to finish the practice session. He looks as if he’s gained some weight and looked very raw during basic coverage drills, which is to be expected.
    This just doesn't seem like a great move to me.

-Joe Sampson has lost a lot of good weight while building his upper-body. He was very confident coming out of practice. I’ll have more on Sampson later.
    I said last year that I'd love to see Sampson down another 10-15 pounds. This is great news.

-Taysom Hill was impressive — showing a strong arm and good size during the first day.
    Count down to our next shot at a great season begins now...
    http://byucougars.blogs.deseretnews....tice-spirited/
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Why? Just because it's so late in his career? I always thought Chambers would be a much better safety than WR. He has the body, he isn't afraid of contact, he has good but not great speed, and his hands aren't what you'd want for a first team WR. But I don't know how much of the technique he can pick up to be very effective this late.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Why? Just because it's so late in his career? I always thought Chambers would be a much better safety than WR. He has the body, he isn't afraid of contact, he has good but not great speed, and his hands aren't what you'd want for a first team WR. But I don't know how much of the technique he can pick up to be very effective this late.
      Just too late to ever really contribute, IMO. Maybe that's why Bronco made that switch - you can be on the team, practice, etc., but you're never going to see the field.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

I said last year that I'd love to see Sampson down another 10-15 pounds. This is great news.

Count down to our next shot at a great season begins now...
        http://byucougars.blogs.deseretnews....tice-spirited/
        Countdown to Riley's first completed pass in spring, 0 for the first day.

Lark with 4 completions for 45 yards.

Too bad we aren't even pretending to have a QB competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post

LOL

We didn't miss you.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Here we go again...

Comment

Can we please get ultra-detailed breakdowns of who's going up against ones and twos?

Also Hsaru Riley is with you:

Nelson might be the clear-cut No. 1 quarterback ahead of back-up James Lark, but his status has not changed how he will compete over the next two weeks.

“Mentally ... I approach it like I still have somebody nipping at my heels, which I do,” Nelson said. “My position is not safe. People like to say or write that I’m the starter, but not really.

“Every position is a battle, and James [Lark] is very good quarterback who can perform and play, along with any other quarterback who may surprise in spring ball.”

Comment

Riley will be happy to know that there are a lot of people who do not like to say or write that he is the starter.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Riley will be happy to know that there are a lot of people who do not like to say or write that he is the starter.
                  LOL.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Thanks heavens. Should be a quiet spring.

Comment

People are going to panic about the way riley looks in spring and fall because his strengths are all suited to what happens in a game. He'll be fine when the season rolls, though basically fine is about all we can expect.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Can you provide evidence that you argued for an open QB competition last season? Posts on CUF or CB will suffice.

Comment

There are few things more meaningless in sports than accumulated spring practice statistics.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I think it's time for Hsaru to have a colonic, because that sucker just ain't coming out

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              There are few things more meaningless in sports than accumulated spring practice statistics.
                              PER?
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                              X