Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Obama can't possibly win re-election, Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Obama can't possibly win re-election, Thread.

This is the thread where we post fact that tend to show that Obama couldn't beat even George W. Bush in this election cycle.

These are amazing poll results:

The health care overhaul that President Obama intended to be the signature achievement of his first term instead has become a significant problem in his bid for a second one, uniting Republicans in opposition and eroding his standing among independents.

In a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll of the nation's dozen top battleground states, a clear majority of registered voters call the bill's passage "a bad thing" and support its repeal if a Republican wins the White House in November. Two years after he signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act— and as the Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments about its constitutionality next month — the president has failed to convince most Americans that it was the right thing to do.
    "Mandating that you have to buy the insurance rubs me the wrong way altogether," says Fred Harrison, 62, a horse trainer from York County, Pa., who was among those surveyed and supports repeal even though he likes some provisions of the law. "It should be my own choice."
    In the poll, Obama lags the two leading Republican rivals in the 12 states likely to determine the outcome of a close race in November:
    •Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum tops Obama 50%-45% in the swing states. Nationwide, Santorum's lead narrows to 49%-46%.
    •Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney edges Obama 48%-46% in the swing states. Nationwide, they are tied at 47% each.

This one is the most astounding.
    Voters in swing states stand overwhelmingly on one side of the debate: Three of four voters, including a majority of Democrats and of liberals, say the law is unconstitutional.
    That reaction is almost instinctual, says Stuart Altman, a professor of national health policy at Brandeis University who has joined two briefs supporting the law. "People say, 'The government should not mandate that I have to do anything.' "
    Opposition to the law is eroding Obama's support among the middle-of-the-road voters both nominees will court this fall. Among independents, 35% say the law makes them less likely to support Obama, more than double the 16% who say it makes them more likely.
    Still, this all looks very, very bad for Obama. Some day, the race will focus on him, Obamacare, and the economy, and I wonder if even Santorum might not beat him. (I still say Gingrich hasn't a shot in hell against Obama).

It's amazing that people have bought this whole mandate attack. The mandate is probably the most benign part of the law (even though it is unconstitutional). Almost all of us are already purchasing health insurance, so the mandate has no effect on us. It probably helps us if it forces others to purchase insurance.
    The sad thing is, many of these same people who say the mandate is unconstitutional, will say that a single, government plan, e.g. England or Canada, is not unconstitutional. It makes reason stare that a government that can forcibly require 15% of your annual income contributed to mandatory retirement and health insurance programs for the elderly cannot require you to pay for your own damn insurance.

was this suppposed to be in the Water Cooler?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I don't think healthcare is going to play much of a part in the upcoming election. It's old news. It's going to be about the economy and religious fundamentalism.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
      X