George Hughley gets 26 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Hughley gets 26 Years

I don't know how many here have been following the trial of George Hughley, the UVA Laccrosse player who, in a drunken rage, killed his onetime girlfriend Yeardly Love, but it has obviously been a huge story here in Virginia.

He's 24 now, so if the sentence holds, he'll be 50 when he gets out.

One of the things this trial has seemed to expose quite a bit is the culture of drinking and partying at UVA. The school has been painted as a little wilder than most, and it has sort of been interesting to see the reactions of many of my friends who are alumni of the school.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...4TR_story.html

Rhonda Quagliana, one of Huguely’s attorneys, urged the jurors to consider a lighter sentence. “No person is the sum of the worst decisions he’s ever made,” she said.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

That is such a sad story. This scumbag reminds me of a few kids I went to High School with. They'd get. Drunk then harass their ex-girlfriends.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      That is such a sad story. This scumbag reminds me of a few kids I went to High School with. They'd get. Drunk then harass their ex-girlfriends.
      Yeah, the fact that a good chunk of his defense was "yeah, he gets out of control when he's drunk" was pretty disgusting in my opinion.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

He looks like a choirboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          He looks like a choirboy.
          So did Ted bundy.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
          X