Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do the bowls start extending official invites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the bowls start extending official invites?

Not the BCS bowls, but the lower tier crap.

I am trying to plan our Christmas vacation and would like to know whether BYU is playing in Vegas or San Diego....also, who will be the opponent.

That SD bowl sucks.....2 days before christmas? If BYU plays Notre Dame, then it could be worthwhile, I suppose.

Any BYU bowl scenario seems very unappealing right now. I will still go, but the bloom is definitely off the rose.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Any BYU bowl scenario seems very unappealing right now. I will still go, but the bloom is definitely off the rose.
    I say just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I say just enjoy the ride.
      stfu!

I am enjoying the ride, Mr Plagiarism.

I just want to know whether I will be watching the game in person or on tv.

If BYU plays in the Vegas Bowl, I can attend. If BYU plays in SD, I will likely have to watch in on TV from Utah.

sigpic

Comment

Why did I think the SD bowl was post christmas? Dang, now my plans might have to change..

Comment

Sometime in the next few days it should all be sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Why did I think the SD bowl was post christmas? Dang, now my plans might have to change..
            You are correct, just thinking of the wrong bowl.

The Holiday Bowl is Dec 30 in SD. However, if I read my gossip rags correctly, BYU is really only in the running for the Pointsettia Bowl, which is Dec 23 in SD.

The Vegas Bowl is Dec 20 in Vegas, FYI.

We will likely be in Utah the week of Christmas, so I would miss the Pointsettia. I was thinking of taking my kids to the BYU basketball game on Dec 23, but if BYU plays in the bowl game, then the basketball game goes out the window.

At this point, a Vegas Bowl invite would work out well for me and my vacation plans. Please take note, Pioneer Bowl Invite Committee.

sigpic

Comment

TCU is 11th in the BCS and eligible for an at-large. Granted, for them to have any hope whatsoever, Ohio State would have to receive major NCAA sanctions and fast; but regardless, for appearances sake, speculation is that they don't want to accept a lesser bowl invite so long as their hat is technically in the ring.

The LV bowl has first pick and could have invited BYU by now. But since they haven't, and TCU's situation is as explained, it follows that their first choice is the Frogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                TCU is 11th in the BCS and eligible for an at-large. Granted, for them to have any hope whatsoever, Ohio State would have to receive major NCAA sanctions and fast; but regardless, for appearances sake, speculation is that they don't want to accept a lesser bowl invite so long as their hat is technically in the ring.

The LV bowl has first pick and could have invited BYU by now. But since they haven't, and TCU's situation is as explained, it follows that their first choice is the Frogs.
                This was my thinking, as well. However, my FIL and others think I am up in the night and that Vegas will still jump at the chance to invite BYU and sell all its seats.

I contend that the Vegas Bowl will not want to invite a 2 loss team coming off an ugly beat down over a 1 loss team that beat the same 2 loss team in a similar beat-down fashion.

I am guessing that BYU will be in SD on Dec 23. And I will watch it on TV.

sigpic

Comment

I am guessing that BYU will be in SD on Dec 23. And I will watch it on TV.
                  I'm starting to get the sickening feeling as well...that we'll be playing Nevada on that day.

Yippee.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                    I'm starting to get the sickening feeling as well...that we'll be playing Nevada on that day.

Yippee.

That would be awful. The only way I'll even be able to sit through it would be for the revenge factor.

Comment

a bowl game v nevada on the 23rd would like mean that I am taking my kids to their first BYU basketball game, then coming home and watching football on Tivo.

sigpic

Comment

a bowl game v nevada on the 23rd would like mean that I am taking my kids to their first BYU basketball game, then coming home and watching football on Tivo.
                        Same. My brother has 6 tickets for that night to the bball game against mightly Western Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                        X