Stadium Renovations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Renovations

I have heard a lot of rumors regarding stadium renovations. Has anyone else heard rumors?

banned.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Buckaroo View Post
      I have heard a lot of rumors regarding stadium renovations. Has anyone else heard rumors?
      Yeah. Cal fans are excited to get games back in California Memorial Stadium. Playing games in a baseball stadium is tough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        Yeah. Cal fans are excited to get games back in California Memorial Stadium. Playing games in a baseball stadium is tough for them.
        That's beautiful but I was referring to Stanford.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Buckaroo View Post
          That's beautiful but I was referring to Stanford.
          Yeah, Stanford figures that since they are on this major uptick of not winning the Pac 10/12 they should go ahead and renovate a 4 year old stadium.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

I wouldn't call it renovations. Baylor is getting a new stadium . Or are you talking TCU? The renovations to the Amon G. Carter are taking forever.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I've heard rumors that they were going to fill in the corners in Provo and that the stadium would hold 90,000 upon completion of those renovations. The rumors seemed very credible at the time, but it was 1989 when I was hearing them, so I've just about given up hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                I wouldn't call it renovations. Baylor is getting a new stadium . Or are you talking TCU? The renovations to the Amon G. Carter are taking forever.
                The baylor place looks cool. I'm not a fan of baylor at all or what they stand for as it relates to LDS folks but that looks like a place I'd like to visit to see the cougs beat the bears in b12 action

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  The baylor place looks cool. I'm not a fan of baylor at all or what they stand for as it relates to LDS folks but that looks like a place I'd like to visit to see the cougs beat the bears in b12 action
                  From Baylor to me about a job I applied for:

11 Dec 2006 12:46:05 -0600
                  We are recruiting Christians or Jews who (1) are serious about their faith, (2) have some type of active church/synagogue involvement (no specific denomination is required), and (3) have reflected on our their faith impacts them as a teacher-scholar. There is no single answer to the faith-learning question; it is an ongoing conversation.
                  Note the time:
                  11 Dec 2006 12:53:11 -0600

Dear Mac:

I just glanced at your dossier again and noticed that you are a Mormon, which, according to current Baylor policy, we do not hire. I regret to say that this will exclude you from further consideration.

I wish you the best in your job search.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Note the time:
                    They'll hire Jews but not Mormons?? Better to not even believe in Jesus than believe in the wrong Jesus, I guess.
                    "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Note the time:

The stupidity of making that statement in writing is, in this day and age, severe beyond description. They are begging for bad publicity.

And, if the university really does have that formal policy, my respect for their administrators - mostly as it concerns their common sense and intelligence - just went down the toilet.
                      Last edited by shoganai; 02-07-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Note the time:
                        Welcome to Waco: Home of the Branch Davidians and the Baylor Bears.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I've driven by the new stadium at Granger High. It looks real nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X