Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romney for POTUS: The thread that makes the case and gives neutrality the finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney for POTUS: The thread that makes the case and gives neutrality the finger

We begin our work with Romney's 1996 search and rescue mission for his business partner's lost teenage daughter. I think most people on this board know the story but I believe it's one of the most essential illustrations of who Romney is and why he shld be POTUS.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-helped-locat/

In the coming months there will be a drumbeat of claims abt Mitt - many of which he's either fueled or brought on himself with his verbal missteps - and an effort to portray him as a greedy, gouging predatory capitalist automaton, programmed to make money and clueless about real people.

This doesn't square with the reality of who Romney actually is, which is part of what makes it so frustrating that he's so bad at translating his character in ways that the public can recognize.

But this is one of several illustrations of a man who (a) is both selfless enough to shut down money-making operations of his entire company for most of a week to save a teenage girl, (b) has the executive and managerial chops to put together a rescue operation like this in a day's notice and (c) recognizes that the corporate importance of his business is nothing next to the human importance of his friendship and his friend's daughter.

This is not the man that America thinks they know. Romney needs to reintroduce himself to America.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

could you relink?

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
      could you relink?

Sorry Vike off computer now
      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/search.asp

Comment

Romney said one partner still talks about a runaway he spoke with in search of information about Melissa.

"The girl asked, 'Why are you looking for her?' and he said, 'Because her parents miss her,'" Romney said. "She replied, 'I wish my parents missed me like that.'"
          How sad.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Good thread. I have finally decided I am all in for Romney. I am introspective enough to realize that part of that (not sure how big a part) is tribalism, but who cares.

Romney! Romney! Romney!
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
              Good thread. I have finally decided I am all in for Romney. I am introspective enough to realize that part of that (not sure how big a part) is tribalism, but who cares.

Romney! Romney! Romney!
              Welcome to the club
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post

Romney! Romney! Romney!
                RISE AND SHOUT!!!!ropeller:
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It will be nice when this is all over if anything to stop all of these different threads.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    It will be nice when this is all over if anything to stop all of these different threads.
                    Oxcoug thread envy, again?
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post

Yeah, it's sad when Triple pouts.

Viking here's the link

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-helped-locat/
                      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                        Yeah, it's sad when Triple pouts.
                        Yeah, it's like Hulk Hogan whining about the Ultimate Warrior.
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                          Is oxcoug still a virgin?

More like Mitt romney fatigue.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Is oxcoug still a virgin?
                            Now you're just being Hollywood Hulk Hogan. That was beneath you.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

From a friend's facebook page:

I'm not sure who I am voting for at this time. However, this struck me and I thought I would share. During the 2002 Olympics I was a volunteer. At one of the venues traffic was backed up. Stuck in that traffic was Mitt Romney, the CEO of the Olympic. Instead of yelling and getting mad Mitt Romney saw a need and got out to help direct traffic. I was a witness to this. He is an outstanding individual.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Working...
                              X