Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Presidential Wishlist

What do I want a President to do?

1. End the War on Drugs--legalize all habit-forming drugs. Tax the hell out of them and use the money for rehab and education programs.
    2. Bring the troops home from Afghanistan before/by the end of 2014.
    3. Enact sensible and humane immigration reform
    4. Come up with a public option for deregulated health care
    5. Develop a strict means test for Social Security with a phase out plan by 2035.
    6. Invest in domestic energy research & production, renewable and fossil.
    7. Give a tax holiday without limit for all US corporations and citizens to repatriate their foreign earnings. 1 week only.
    8. Raise the national fuel tax by 10 cents a gallon and invest every penny in infrastructure.
    9. Invest heavily in study abroad for Pell-eligible college students, especially those in the STEM and Education fields.
    10. Repeal Medicare Plan B for all but the truly indigent.
    11. Enforce the Clinton-era welfare reforms that Obama eliminated via Executive Order.
    12. Recognize the Palestinian State, and Israel's right to keep its wall and its current borders.
    13. Champion a Constitutional Amendment allowing any two consenting adults to wed lawfully.
    14. Repeal the Patriot Act and force judicial review of all wiretaps, surveillance, listening, and other invasions of privacy.
    15. Close Guantánamo's prisons and try those men.
    16. Stand for religious freedom by signing legislation that protects the rights of medical professionals to not have to provide abortions if it violates their religious beliefs, while at the same time ensuring that all women have access to safe legal abortions. I would also appreciate a massive effort to promote federally-funded adoptions as alternatives to abortion.
    17. End all unfunded federal education mandates, especially No Child Left Behind.
    18. Stop allowing federal student loan money to be used at for-profit colleges and universities.
    19. Make all US nationals from American Samoa US citizens, and grant the territory commonwealth status.
    20. Overhaul copyright law for the life of the artist + 20 years, and anything over 80 years old should be in the public domain.

Yeah, that's a start.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied
Working...
X