Feminism is alive in the next generation: Video Against Slut Shaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminism is alive in the next generation: Video Against Slut Shaming

I came across this video on HuffPo, and was very impressed with this girl's message and presentation.

[YOUTUBE]SXH2K7OC37s[/YOUTUBE]

Very impressive. Quite verbose for a 13 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
      Very impressive. Quite verbose for a 13 year old.
      Yes. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she got a bit of help writing that, but the quality of her presentation still shows off a high level of intelligence and talent.

Comment

I'm glad that isn't my daughter. Not because I find her offensive or inarticulate. Or even off message. She is obviously very bright.

I just don't want my thirteen year old daughter emphatically advocating the pleasures and positives of sexual activity with a low barriers to entry that include consent and willingness. She ignores very practical issues such as statutory laws that don't care one bit how ready or consensual your partner may be and in the eyes of the law, yes it is other folks' business if a 13 year old kid is having sex, albeit willing and ready sex.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Ali G addresses the topic

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyLSstqMvH8&feature=related"]Ali G Show - Feminism - YouTube[/nomedia]
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I'm glad that isn't my daughter. Not because I find her offensive or inarticulate. Or even off message. She is obviously very bright.

I just don't want my thirteen year old daughter emphatically advocating the pleasures and positives of sexual activity with a low barriers to entry that include consent and willingness. She ignores very practical issues such as statutory laws that don't care one bit how ready or consensual your partner may be and in the eyes of the law, yes it is other folks' business if a 13 year old kid is having sex, albeit willing and ready sex.
            I'm not sure if she ignored that, or simply overlooked it. Who knows? But if asked in person, I'd bet she would have problems with adults having sex with children. The question of teenagers having sex with teenagers is a different issue, and in all likelihood, probably the extent of 'gray area' her commentary was intended to cover. But that is just a guess... maybe she really doesn't have a problem with statutory rape. That just doesn't seem to the vibe of the video.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              I'm not sure if she ignored that, or simply overlooked it. Who knows? But if asked in person, I'd bet she would have problems with adults having sex with children. The question of teenagers having sex with teenagers is a different issue, and in all likelihood, probably the extent of 'gray area' her commentary was intended to cover. But that is just a guess... maybe she really doesn't have a problem with statutory rape. That just doesn't seem to the vibe of the video.
              She only said that rape is bad - she was silent on statutory rape. Silence = approval?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                She only said that rape is bad - she was silent on statutory rape. Silence = approval?
                Good point. I guess she did talk about statutory rape.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Any thought of your daughter talking about or having sex is a little disturbing as a father, but I like the message. If my daughter were to articulate these views at age 18, I would support her. At 13, it's forced. She says if they are emotionally ready. A 13 yo doesn't even know what emotionally ready means. The kid's been spoon fed these ideas. Manipulating your kids into thinking progressively isn't very progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    Any thought of your daughter talking about or having sex is a little disturbing as a father, but I like the message. If my daughter were to articulate these views at age 18, I would support her. At 13, it's forced. She says if they are emotionally ready. A 13 yo doesn't even know what emotionally ready means. The kid's been spoon fed these ideas. Manipulating your kids into thinking progressively isn't very progressive.
                    Good point
                    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      lol! You have no idea how she came to have these ideas. And your idea that sharing your values with your children is not 'progressive' demonstrates a really weird conception of the meaning of 'progressive.'

Comment

lol! You have no idea how she came to have these ideas. And your idea that sharing your values with your children is not 'progressive' demonstrates a really weird conception of the meaning of 'progressive.'
                        Do you consider a 13-year-old emotionally ready to participate in consensual sexual intercourse?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I guess it's possible, but I find it highly unlikely that a 13 yo would even be able to understand the concepts she was discussing in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Do you consider a 13-year-old emotionally ready to participate in consensual sexual intercourse?
                            I have no idea whether it is possible for a 13-year-old to be emotionally ready to participate in consensual sexual intercourse. I know that some 13-year-olds THINK they are ready when in fact they are not, and that this is a problem for people of all ages. I also think that the likelihood of a person thinking that they are ready when they are not, significantly increases with young people, especially teenagers. I have no idea the age when people start becoming emotionally ready for sex. The most I would say about that is that it is going to be different for different people.

Comment

I have no idea whether it is possible for a 13-year-old to be emotionally ready to participate in consensual sexual intercourse. I know that some 13-year-olds THINK they are ready when in fact they are not, and that this is a problem for people of all ages. I also think that the likelihood of a person thinking that they are ready when they are not, significantly increases with young people, especially teenagers. I have no idea the age when people start becoming emotionally ready for sex. The most I would say about that is that it is going to be different for different people.
                              The age is 14.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                              X