Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 O-town police officers shot last night......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 O-town police officers shot last night......

One dead, one in critical condition the other 4 are in stable condition.

They went to serve a search warrant at a home in Ogden when the man living there opened fire. Sad story the officer killed was on the force for 7 years and has a wife and 2 kids.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1874...ogden-shootout
    *Banned*

Yeah, this story blows my mind. How does one guy take down six cops? Unreal.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Yeah, this story blows my mind. How does one guy take down six cops? Unreal.
      That is what I don't understand either. On top of that the suspect was wounded but not killed. You would think as soon as he opened fire they would have blasted him. I wonder if he had an automatic weapon or maybe knew they were coming.
      *Banned*

Comment

Why were they serving the warrant at night, I wonder? If memory serves from criminal procedure, you can't serve a search warrant at someone's home at night unless there is an exceptional reason not to wait till morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          Why were they serving the warrant at night, I wonder? If memory serves from criminal procedure, you can't serve a search warrant at someone's home at night unless there is an exceptional reason not to wait till morning.
          They have until 10pm.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Ogden must be a shady place to live...
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I heard about this story on my way to work at 4:15 am CST. Big news if I heard it on the local radio station in tinbuktu.
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Looks like fusnik's mw3 skills came in handy.

Too soon?
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

The officer killed lived in my sister and BIL's neighborhood.

If what KSL is reporting is true, this is another reason, IMO, that the "war on drugs" needs to end.

All this over a guy growing pot for his own consumption.

Now we've got a young father of 2 young girls dead, 5 other officers wounded, and a decorated war vet that will end up in prison.

Over pot. Something that is less dangerous than legal alcohol.

This story has me sick.

One more rumor from my BIL: Apparently, the dead officer was not wearing a vest.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    That is what I don't understand either. On top of that the suspect was wounded but not killed. You would think as soon as he opened fire they would have blasted him. I wonder if he had an automatic weapon or maybe knew they were coming.
                    Looks like he's former military so he might well have had some extra weaponry. Mentally ill guy with gun, awoken by intruders while sleeping = trouble. I hope this was about more than just growing marijuana at home. If he was full of PCP both the warrant and his reaction would make more sense.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      Looks like he's former military so he might well have had some extra weaponry. Mentally ill guy with gun, awoken by intruders while sleeping = trouble. I hope this was about more than just growing marijuana at home. If he was full of PCP both the warrant and his reaction would make more sense.
                      have the reports that were initially coming out of automatic weapons fire been verified? if so, very scary. there is zero reason for private citizens to own fully automatic weapons.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                        have the reports that were initially coming out of automatic weapons fire been verified? if so, very scary. there is zero reason for private citizens to own fully automatic weapons.
                        It'll be interesting to see. I don't know how you take down six cops with just a basic Glock.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                          The fallen officers mom spoke to KSL and said the guy had a handgun and a fully automatic rifle. The cops have not confirmed this and won't comment but that is what the officers mother said.

She also said her son was the first one in.
                          *Banned*

Comment

There is a reason for drug laws as they are dangerous and people will do many illegal things to get them. That is why we fight the war. In Eden Idao 20 miles south of me someone had marijuana cops called in two cops and drugee dead. Oh the price of drugs and human lives. Tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                              There is a reason for drug laws as they are dangerous and people will do many illegal things to get them. That is why we fight the war. In Eden Idao 20 miles south of me someone had marijuana cops called in two cops and drugee dead. Oh the price of drugs and human lives. Tragic.
                              The price to fight the War on Drugs is far higher than the price we would pay legalizing them. Punitive laws about drugs do not work. The reward is too high.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                              X