PDA

View Full Version : New Rankings out.

Coach McGuirk
11-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Having Florida who lost to a still unranked Ole Miss team over Texas who lost to the number 8 team in the country ON THE ROAD, and Oklahoma who lost to Texas on a neutral field is a disgrace. You could even argue that USC should be ranked ahead of FL having lost to a top 25 team on the road.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

My top 5

Texas
Alabama
Oklahoma
USC
Florida

Surfah
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Having Florida who lost to a still unranked Ole Miss team over Texas who lost to the number 8 team in the country ON THE ROAD, and Oklahoma who lost to Texas on a neutral field is a disgrace. You could even argue that USC should be ranked ahead of FL having lost to a top 25 team on the road.

My top 5

Texas
Alabama
Oklahoma
USC
Florida

I hate polls.

Solon
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I hate polls.

With all due respect for Babs, I'm sorry to see Texas get passed over.

Oh well, good luck Sooners. I had a hot friend when I was in grad school (first time) who went to OU. She was wild.

BlueHair
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM

My top 5

Texas
Alabama
Oklahoma
USC
Florida

I guess we'll never know who is the best. I would take Florida and happily give seven points against any of your top 4. None of those teams could hold Florida under 35 points. USC would have the best chance, but they can't score enough to keep up. As much as it pains me to say it, Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football.

All-American
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
I guess we'll never know who is the best. I would take Florida and happily give seven points against any of your top 4. None of those teams could hold Florida under 35 points. USC would have the best chance, but they can't score enough to keep up. As much as it pains me to say it, Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football.

Wait a minute. Urban Meyer-- isn't he the guy who's NOT Utah's head coach?

Babs
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I hate polls.

With all due respect for Babs, I'm sorry to see Texas get passed over.

It wasn't the polls. It was the computers.

il Padrino Ute
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Wait a minute. Urban Meyer-- isn't he the guy who's NOT Utah's head coach?

The very same.

Another way to recognize him is that he is the Utah coach who has never lost to the BYU.

cougjunkie
11-30-2008, 05:22 PM
For the second time. Ole Miss is ranked ahead of Oregon State in one poll and just behind them in another. So both teams lost to ranked teams.

Coach McGuirk
11-30-2008, 05:38 PM
For the second time. Ole Miss is ranked ahead of Oregon State in one poll and just behind them in another. So both teams lost to ranked teams.

I guess I should pay more attention.....With Florida losing at home, my order still stands.

Solon
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
It wasn't the polls. It was the computers.

Computers are based heavily on the polls, aren't they?

At any rate, I hope Oklahoma does well. They have a wagon (schooner). They have a band. Is it a bandwagon?

TripletDaddy
11-30-2008, 06:10 PM

You said Oregon State would not be ranked.

Your Oregon State predictions are starting to mirror SeattleUte's.

cougjunkie
11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
You said Oregon State would not be ranked.

Your Oregon State predictions are starting to mirror SeattleUte's.

Yeah actually I am shocked that they are still at number 25 after the beating they took.

Surfah
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah actually I am shocked that they are still at number 25 after the beating they took.

There is no way that they should be ranked. Four losses? They lose to a crappy Stanford team. Lose to an overrated Utah team (sorry but I'd say Utah is probably more like a 10-12). Get shellacked by Penn State and Oregon and they're still in the top 25.

Solon
12-02-2008, 03:40 PM
At any rate, I hope Oklahoma does well. They have a wagon (schooner). They have a band. Is it a bandwagon?

So I listened to Monday's Cowherd on ESPN radio. He convinced me: Oklahoma blew out four top-15 opponents. (TTech, OSU, Cincinnati, TCU). Blew out.

Past shortcomings aside, OU will be a good representative for the Big-12 in the championship game, provided they get past Missouri.

beelzebabette
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
So I listened to Monday's Cowherd on ESPN radio. He convinced me: Oklahoma blew out four top-15 opponents. (TTech, OSU, Cincinnati, TCU). Blew out.

Past shortcomings aside, OU will be a good representative for the Big-12 in the championship game, provided they get past Missouri.

Funny. For me, it was listening to Musburger on Saturday explain why Texas's non-conference opponents shouldn't be discounted against Oklahoma's. I was kind of 50/50 before then, but Musburger's analysis led me to conclude he shouldn't wait for Paterno to retire to do so himself, and the resulting train of thought leaves me backing OU.

Solon
12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
he shouldn't wait for Paterno to retire to do so himself, and the resulting train of thought leaves me backing OU.

LOL.

Paterno is a great guy - helps may my salary - but it's probably time for him to hang 'em up.

TripletDaddy
12-02-2008, 04:22 PM
LOL.

Paterno is a great guy - helps may my salary - but it's probably time for him to hang 'em up.

Are you coming out for the Rose Bowl? what is the general sentiment over there? It has been a spell since PSU was in Pasadena, so I would guess there is some excitement.

Solon
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Are you coming out for the Rose Bowl? what is the general sentiment over there? It has been a spell since PSU was in Pasadena, so I would guess there is some excitement.

People are really excited about the Rose Bowl, especially now that it looks like it'll be SC instead of Oregon State. Nobody wanted to see Oregon State again, but at least people thought it would be an easy W.

And no, I'm not coming out. Any other year and the whole family would be staying with my in-laws in Ventura County for the holidays. But they're on an LDS mission on the east coast and I don't have the funds to make a special trip to see either Utah or PSU play in January. Bummer.

If it does end up SC vs. PSU, SC will beat them by at least 3 TD's. I love PSU's team, but they're very average. Poor team speed.