Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick of the Year

Dick Harmon.

24 hours removed from his article, I'm stunned he could think it was a respectable journalistic endeavor to write what he wrote.

I have zero relation to the Nelson family. Never met a single person named Nelson in my life, in fact, that I can recall.

If I were Tom, Bronco, et. al., I'd tell Dick to go pound sand for the rest of his career and give every scoop to Monson just to spite him for his colossal lack of journalistic discretion.

Shame on you, Dick.

Originally posted by Viking View Post
    Dick Harmon.

24 hours removed from his article, I'm stunned he could think it was a respectable journalistic endeavor to write what he wrote.

I have zero relation to the Nelson family. Never met a single person named Nelson in my life, in fact, that I can recall.

If I were Tom, Bronco, et. al., I'd tell Dick to go pound sand for the rest of his career and give every scoop to Monson just to spite him for his colossal lack of journalistic discretion.

Shame on you, Dick.
    Nelson, as a surname, is one of the most popular names in America. How the fuck have you not met a Nelson?

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      Nelson, as a surname, is one of the most popular names in America. How the fuck have you not met a Nelson?
      Don't fool yourself, he's related to at least 10 Nelsons, all of them in positions of power and influence and all of whom have scarred him in deep, profound ways.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Thought for sure I had this award sewn up.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. It is hard to get the real story out of BYU. The regular talk show guys, even the BYU ex guys like Olson are villified if they say anything critical of BYU. It is hard to label Harmon a BYU hater, so if he give us some info it has some credibility instead of just BYU spin like what comes from the "voice of the cougars".

Note: If I were the voice of the cougars I would put out BYU spin too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            Thought for sure I had this award sewn up.
            You're McJerk, not a dick.

Comment

Disappointing. I thought this thread was about something else.

Comment

"oh, brother."
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                  I had a buddy in high school who was a wrestler. He wasn't a Nelson, but his mom was. We called him Half Nelson.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Don't fool yourself, he's related to at least 10 Nelsons, all of them in positions of power and influence and all of whom have scarred him in deep, profound ways.
                    Lol
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      Dick Harmon.

Shame on you, Dick.
                      Harmons in a no-win situation. I think his article was fine. He should ha e stuck to his guns if the Nelson familg thing really happened. Hes in a catch 22. If he toes the company line, he gets called a homer. If he doesnt, he gets flamed for hurting the program.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        I respectfully disagree. It is hard to get the real story out of BYU. The regular talk show guys, even the BYU ex guys like Olson are villified if they say anything critical of BYU. It is hard to label Harmon a BYU hater, so if he give us some info it has some credibility instead of just BYU spin like what comes from the "voice of the cougars".

Note: If I were the voice of the cougars I would put out BYU spin too.
                        You missed the point entirely. This has nothing to do with pro- or anti-BYU spin. I wouldn't have a problem at all with Dick acting like a real journalist and publishing some accurate and hard-hitting pieces from time to time, even if it reflected poorly on BYU. I would respect that. In fact, many of us were wondering why Dick did a vanishing act through the entire conference realignment process where he only rarely acknowledged the high stakes events that were going on and even then it was typically old news and full of spin. No, what Dick did here is a take a highly-personal piece of gossip and print it as news in a manner that was grossly unfair and prejudicial. He's a no-talent hack. Always has been.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Who thinks Viking would be this angry if Dick wrote something like this about Heaps family, I think he would be reveling in it and including it in his hate parade he's throwing for Heaps now that he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            You missed the point entirely. This has nothing to do with pro- or anti-BYU spin. I wouldn't have a problem at all with Dick acting like a real journalist and publishing some accurate and hard-hitting pieces from time to time, even if it reflected poorly on BYU. I would respect that. In fact, many of us were wondering why Dick did a vanishing act through the entire conference realignment process where he only rarely acknowledged the high stakes events that were going on and even then it was typically old news and full of spin. No, what Dick did here is a take a highly-personal piece of gossip and print it as news in a manner that was grossly unfair and prejudicial. He's a no-talent hack. Always has been.
                            While I respect your opinions, I don't always agree with them. Even when you begin by letting me know I have missed the point. Perhaps I did miss your point. I think I will still survive and I guess so will Dick.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              Disappointing. I thought this thread was about something else.
                              First you admit spending a lot of extra time alone in the shower and now this. . .
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                              X