Chris Petersen slam BCS system and Coaches Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Petersen slam BCS system and Coaches Poll

I liked his comments and how he even brought up the fact the Coaches Poll is a joke by outing himself on how he has motives to do what is best for his team..

Mike and Mike talk about it this morning and outing Nick Saban and how he voted Okie St. 4th in his poll which had an impact on Okie St. not being able to get into the BCS Title Game.. And he had motives for doing that..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...yone-tired-bcs

He needs to turn his focus on recruiting a quality place kicker. A field goal has kept BSU out of a BCS bowl two years running and costing the best qb in Bronco's history a chance to further his legacy. A one loss BSU team should not get the nod over a two loss team with a better SOS.

That being said, being in a bowl with ASU is an effin' joke.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Good for him. Petersen kept back from complaining about it until now. 6 years in the top 10 in the BCS, and 2 BCS appearances.

As far Petersen recruiting a good kicker, Kyle Brotzman was one of the best kickers in the country for 2 seasons statistically, and that whole Nevada incident just killed anything he did. I've watched all of the Boise State games this season, and the one they do have this year is absolutely dreadful. They shanked a ton of extra points against Toledo on ESPN.

Comment

Who cares. Boise will be irrelevant soon. Loss of the qb and substantial upgrade in its schedule (but still not in a very good conference) will make it not very special.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Who cares. Boise will be irrelevant soon. Loss of the qb and substantial upgrade in its schedule (but still not in a very good conference) will make it not very special.
          doubt it
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

this one won't make your predictions thread...

Comment

Yeah, just like how they were irrelevant 12-1, 13-1, with Ryan Dinwiddie as QB. 11-1, 9-4, 13-0 with Jarad Zabransky.
              Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 12-06-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                Just like how they were irrelevant with Jarad Zabransky.
                and Ryan Dinwiddie

Comment

Gee.. I haven't heard that before about Boise St....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                    Yeah, just like how they were irrelevant 12-1, 13-1, with Ryan Dinwiddie as QB. 11-1, 9-4, 13-0 with Jarad Zabransky.
                    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    and Ryan Dinwiddie
                    Or when Koetter, or Hawkins left...

Comment

this one won't make your predictions thread...
                      SU is patient with predictions like this. Sooner or later they will eventually have a down cycle and he will rise triumphant to claim victory.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        SU is patient with predictions like this. Sooner or later they will eventually have a down cycle and he will rise triumphant to claim victory.
                        Their down cycle will probably be next year (9-3 or 10-2 is my guess) with Joe Southwick as their QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          yeah and what will qualify as a down cycle? 8-4, 9-3? 10-2? I can see BSU having those kind of seasons into perpituity.

Comment

Didn't Chris Petersen have one-loss Florida ahead of his undefeated Boise team in 2006?

It's the same thing in March with the NCAA Tournament: coaches who are left out bitch about the system and the selection procedure, but you don't hear a peep from the teams who get in.

This gets a big yawn from me.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

doubt it
                              I'm with you on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X