Heaps is a Quitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaps is a Quitter

I have no problem with him transferring. Huge problem with him quitting the team before the bowl game.

He could have played a few more weeks and then announced his transfer after the bowl. This is very selfish of him.
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post
    I have no problem with him transferring. Huge problem with him quitting the team before the bowl game.

He could have played a few more weeks and then announced his transfer after the bowl. This is very selfish of him.
    I think transfers always leave at this time. So they can get into another school in time for spring ball.

Comment

No, he had to do it in a narrow window in order to be enrolled in early January. This was expected. Harmon did an article on the timing issue a day or two ago.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Others might say that it would be selfish of him to stay with the team during that time.

For years we've heard that one of the biggest benefits of a bowl game is the additional practice time for young players. Wouldn't it be selfish of Jake to take up all of those practice snaps when BYU could be preparing the backup QB for next year?

I don't have a problem with him leaving or when he leaves, even. Athletics is entertainment for me. I like it when my team wins. But I also recognize that my team is made up of individuals who have to think about their own future.

Comment

Oh.......never mind then.

Good luck, Jake. Bad career decision, but best of luck to you.
          "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I think transfers always leave at this time. So they can get into another school in time for spring ball.
            It's so he can be enrolled in January. Staying until the bowl game wouldn't have given him much time to recruit and be recruited.

Here's what Jake said about the timing:
            "It wouldn't have been fair to them if I was going through meetings, practices, and recruiting weekends knowing the whole time I wanted to and was going to transfer," Heaps said. "I also can't do something half heartedly. If I'm somewhere I want to be fully committed to it. Though I would have been there physically, I wouldn't have fully been there mentally."
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post

I agree. I would have preferred Jake wait until New Year's Eve to announce, giving him 3 days to pick a school, enroll, and start classes. It would have been the right thing to do. Instead, jake takes the easy way out.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

He has to get released in order to talk to other schools. If he waits until after the bowl, he has about 5 days to talk to coaches, make visits, make a decision, and pack up his shit and move to be ready for the start of classes in January. And oh yeah, New Year's is right in there as well.

He had to do it now.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

clearly you have never tried booking an Iggy's Sports Bar for a private event during the Holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                    clearly you have never tried booking an Iggy's Sports Bar for a private event during the Holidays?

If I had a rubber hose...
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      It's so he can be enrolled in January. Staying until the bowl game wouldn't have given him much time to recruit and be recruited.

Originally posted by Jake Heaps
                      It wouldn't have been fair to them if I was going through meetings, practices, and recruiting weekends knowing the whole time I wanted to and was going to transfer," Heaps said. "I also can't do something half heartedly. If I'm somewhere I want to be fully committed to it. Though I would have been there physically, I wouldn't have fully been there mentally.
                      Uhmm, your body of work at BYU this year shows otherwise.
                      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Scorcho View Post

Good one. And so fresh, too.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He's a quitter because he's quitting, not because of the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                            He's a quitter because he's quitting, not because of the timing.
                            I am just glad that we have had some of those same quitters on our teams like Kavienga, Fangupo, Max Hall, Riley Nelson, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

I'd say this quote from him speaks volumes to him to his time playing.. You could see it in his body language. He was gone and was not committed. I get it but don't throw out that type of added language in your comment when you had already checked out..

Comment

Working...
                              X