Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are BYU fans such thin-skinned <offensive term>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are BYU fans such thin-skinned <offensive term>?

Just curious.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

You are a BYU fan. Please explain yourself.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe he just did.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Maybe he just did.
        I see. It was more of an introspective rhetorical question. Got it.

The new IndyCoug seems to be more self-aware. Sometimes change is good.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

How do you reconcile always hating on the haters when you were the most vocal Indy hater?

Comment

All fans are. Most other fan bases are a bunch of drunks, too.

Comment

Because it helps us orgasm quicker?
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So is the title like an adlib for offensive terms? I can think of lots...
                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Why are BYU fans such thin-skinned <offensive term>?

I ask why not?

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                    So is the title like an adlib for offensive terms? I can think of lots...
                    You missed the original offensive term. It was edited to allow your imagination to run wild.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's because we see BYU football for what it can be, and not what it is. We've been on the outside looking in, and we want to be part of the "club" and it just isn't ever going to happen.

It's sort of like being LDS. If you're LDS and are holding out hope that mainstream Protestants will embrace as wholeheartedly, you're going to be defensive and thin-skinned when people say "you're not Christian" or question your beliefs.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Because when a Alabama fan takes shit it's because he is a fan of Alabama football, when a BYU fan takes shit they feel it is because they are Mormon and they take it much more personally.

Comment

I think pretty much all fans are thin skinned.

If BYU fans are peculiarly thin skinned, it's only because we are a peculiar people. I would need to see some evidence for BYU fans being more thin skinned than others.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            I think pretty much all fans are thin skinned.

If BYU fans are peculiarly thin skinned, it's only because we are a peculiar people. I would need to see some evidence for BYU fans being more thin skinned than others.

Seriously?

With BYU you have typical fandom all rolled up with defending the faith, since they are not separate entities for the vast majority of BYU fans. I don't know of many other teams that have locked down forums like CB which is ruled with an iron fist if you happen to mention something out of line.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post

Seriously?

With BYU you have typical fandom all rolled up with defending the faith, since they are not separate entities for the vast majority of BYU fans. I don't know of many other teams that have locked down forums like CB which is ruled with an iron fist if you happen to mention something out of line.
                              Yes, evidence please.

You have a built in bias against BYU thin-skinedness. I will not take your word for it.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                              X