PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Texas

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, I guess we are going to learn tomorrow which team will play for the Big 12 title and grab the inside track for the NC game. I expect it will be OU and that is a damn shame. Hear me out:

Yes, I fully understand Pelagius' point earlier in the season about Bayes theory (a most excellent post). But here we have two teams that by all accounts are extremely close. In cases such as this, how could you possibly ignore head-to-head competition on a neutral field? For those of you saying that we should ignore that fact, please explain to me how you hold that view and simultaneously believe in a playoff system (assuming that you do). The entire motivation of a playoff system is that it is based on head-to-head competition. If head-to-head does not matter, then we don't even need a title game. Just take the damn vote and crown your champion. What a joke.

Once again, I suppose the silver lining is that it once again exposes the travesty that is the BCS system.

Sorry, rant over.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, I guess we are going to learn tomorrow which team will play for the Big 12 title and grab the inside track for the NC game. I expect it will be OU and that is a damn shame. Hear me out:

Yes, I fully understand Pelagius' point earlier in the season about Bayes theory (a most excellent post). But here we have two teams that by all accounts are extremely close. In cases such as this, how could you possibly ignore head-to-head competition on a neutral field? For those of you saying that we should ignore that fact, please explain to me how you hold that view and simultaneously believe in a playoff system (assuming that you do). The entire motivation of a playoff system is that it is based on head-to-head competition. If head-to-head does not matter, then we don't even need a title game. Just take the damn vote and crown your champion. What a joke.

Once again, I suppose the silver lining is that it once again exposes the travesty that is the BCS system.

Sorry, rant over.

Ok so where do you fit Texas Tech in to the equation? How fair is that they are not even being talked about? That is what everyone seems to be forgetting this is a three way tie, its not between Oklahoma and Texas. TT is really the one getting screwed because they most likely wont even end up in a BCS game.

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok so where do you fit Texas Tech in to the equation? How fair is that they are not even being talked about?

SC lost to a team that is ranked...Florida lost to a team that hasnt been ranked all season.

Charlie Weis has out of control glands and he will soon be unemployed.

Life is so unfair!

Babs
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok so where do you fit Texas Tech in to the equation? How fair is that they are not even being talked about?

Thank you, Junkie! I swear I was about to climb through that television and wring Kirk's neck.

There's not just one head-to-head here. If the Longhorns wanted this to come down to one head-to-head, they should have beaten Tech.

Babs
11-29-2008, 10:46 PM
SC lost to a team that is ranked...Florida lost to a team that hasnt been ranked all season.

Life is so unfair!

USC kicked ass today. Can we borrow your defense? Pretty please?

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Thank you, Junkie! I swear I was about to climb through that television and wring Kirk's neck.

There's not just one head-to-head here. If the Longhorns wanted this to come down to one head-to-head, they should have beaten Tech.

I thought the same thing when Herbstreit was talking. He kept saying that Texas won teh head to head so people should vote for them over OU. The problem is OU was ahead of Texas in the polls before this game. OU just beat the number 12 ranked team on the road on Saturday night (very key), Texas beat a team with a losing record at home on Thursday night. OUs win was bigger and fresher in the minds of the voters. OU gets to play Missourri for a chance to play in the NC. If they lose, then Texas will probably jump them and play in the NC.

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Sorry, rant over.

You answered your own question when you pointed out the farce (ok, that's my word, not yours) that is the BCS.

No tears shed for Texas as far as I'm concerned. The Longhorns are a part of the entire problem and have to deal with consequences that result from what they think is good for college football.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 10:51 PM

Life is so unfair!

Correction a team that was ranked. OSU will no longer be ranked. Also Ole Miss is 25 in the AP poll. So Florida lost to a ranked team, and USC didnt.

Advantage: Florida.

Also Florida is going to beat the number 1 team in the country next week, USC is going to beat 4-7 UCLA.

Advantage: Florida

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
The Longhorns are a part of the entire problem and have to deal with consequences that result from what they think is good for college football.

Signed,

Auburn in 2004.

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Signed,

Auburn in 2004.

Exactly.

Babs
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought the same thing when Herbstreit was talking. He kept saying that Texas won teh head to head so people should vote for them over OU. The problem is OU was ahead of Texas in the polls before this game. OU just beat the number 12 ranked team on the road on Saturday night (very key), Texas beat a team with a losing record at home on Thursday night. OUs win was bigger and fresher in the minds of the voters. OU gets to play Missourri for a chance to play in the NC. If they lose, then Texas will probably jump them and play in the NC.

See, I'm wondering if instead of lobbying to get the Big12 championship spot, the better approach wouldn't just be to get left out of the Big12 title game (it's going to be collllllllllld, which is not going to favor a team from the south division), sacrifice a few squirrels to the patron saint of athletic underdogs, and pray that Missouri pulls off the upset.

Babs
11-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Correction a team that was ranked. OSU will no longer be ranked. Also Ole Miss is 25 in the AP poll. So Florida lost to a ranked team, and USC didnt.

Advantage: Florida.

Also Florida is going to beat the number 1 team in the country next week, USC is going to beat 4-7 UCLA.

Advantage: Florida

You're that confident that Florida will defeat the Tide?

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 10:58 PM
You answered your own question when you pointed out the farce (ok, that's my word, not yours) that is the BCS.

No tears shed for Texas as far as I'm concerned. The Longhorns are a part of the entire problem and have to deal with consequences that result from what they think is good for college football.

I can guarantee you that if you polled the Texas (and OU) fans, the overwhelming majority would vote for a playoff system. Don't kid yourself. It's a bunch of rich and powerful men in colored jackets and board rooms that have us all by the throat.

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 10:59 PM

Not so sure. Texas is dormant next week.

If SC wins big enough and OU loses, there is an outside chance that pollsters put SC's top-rated defense ahead of Texas, thereby bumping their BCS rank.

For SC to have any shot at this, Alabama has to beat Florida and Missouri has to beat Oklahoma. Since both of those are not likely, looks like SC will be stuck playing Penn State. Not a bad game, by any stretch. And I get to go to the game.

SeattleUte
11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I can guarantee you that if you polled the Texas (and OU) fans, the overwhelming majority would vote for a playoff system. Don't kid yourself. It's a bunch of rich and powerful men in colored jackets and board rooms that have us all by the throat.

I've been trying to tell you all that it's the regents, the chancellors, the presidents and the alumni who have all the power (maybe not at LSU or Kentucky but everywhere else they do), not the sports guys. The NCAA is the non-sports people policing the sports people.

Babs
Not so sure. Texas is dormant next week.

If SC wins big enough and OU loses, there is an outside chance that pollsters put SC's top-rated defense ahead of Texas, thereby bumping their BCS rank.

For SC to have any shot at this, Alabama has to beat Florida and Missouri has to beat Oklahoma. Since both of those are not likely, looks like SC will be stuck playing Penn State. Not a bad game, by any stretch. And I get to go to the game.

The Oregon State loss today will hurt USC's numbers. But other than that USC made a statement. I was thinking this afternoon about the possibility of USC backing in if the Big 12 self destructs again.

cougjunkie
You're that confident that Florida will defeat the Tide?

I am not very impressed by Alabamas offense. I think it will be a good game, but I dont think they will be able to keep up with Florida. Nick Saban is in my opinion the biggest weasel but the best coach in college football, however Urban is not far behind in both departments. I expect a good game with Florida holding Alabama under 20 points, something like 24-14, Florida.

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM

I'll concede that point to you, as I have never been involved in either the UT or OU culture.

Still, it's impossible for me to ever feel bad for a team that is already in the system.

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I've been trying to tell you all that it's the regents, the chancellors, the presidents and the alumni who have all the power (maybe not at LSU or Kentucky but everywhere else they do), not the sports guys. The NCAA is the non-sports people policing the sports people.

It's an absolute joke. Some day sports historians will look back at our day and shake their heads.

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll concede that point to you, as I have never been involved in either the UT or OU culture.

Still, it's impossible for me to ever feel bad for a team that is already in the system.

Suppose for a second that the PAC-10 decided to offer Utah a slot in the conference. Would you expect Utah to deny the PAC-10 invite, as a matter of principle?

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 11:10 PM
As a totally unrelated side note...

First there was Teni, then there was Natalie. Now, my new favorite Song Girl....Lindsey. Tonight's game was pretty enjoyable.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/campus.cheer.usc/images/Lindsey-USC-7.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/sioncampus/07/23/lindsey.usc.cheer/lindsey-usc_p1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/campus.cheer.usc/images/Lindsey-USC-16.jpg

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Suppose for a second that the PAC-10 decided to offer Utah a slot in the conference. Would you expect Utah to deny the PAC-10 invite, as a matter of principle?

You're trying to sucker me and it's going to work.

I'd want Utah to accept the invitation so it could at least have a shot at a fake championship. :D

But until that happens, I will find joy when a BCS team gets the short end of the BCS stick.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 11:16 PM
As a totally unrelated side note...

First there was Teni, then there was Natalie. Now, my new favorite Song Girl....Lindsey. Tonight's game was pretty enjoyable.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/campus.cheer.usc/images/Lindsey-USC-7.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/sioncampus/07/23/lindsey.usc.cheer/lindsey-usc_p1.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/campus.cheer.usc/images/Lindsey-USC-16.jpg

Is Lindsey a blood? She is rocking some sweet red Cortez.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Is Lindsey a blood? She is rocking some sweet red Cortez.

Yeah Lindsay is not bad.

http://www.bustedcoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/lindsey_songgirl_1.jpg

RockyBalboa
11-29-2008, 11:37 PM
It's another reason why the BCS is a joke.

This shouldn't even be a question. Texas is the superior team to Oklahoma as they've already proven it.

I should make it clear that I don't feel bad for Texas at all.

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok so where do you fit Texas Tech in to the equation? How fair is that they are not even being talked about? That is what everyone seems to be forgetting this is a three way tie, its not between Oklahoma and Texas. TT is really the one getting screwed because they most likely wont even end up in a BCS game.

Is anyone seriously making a case for TT? They squeaked by Texas at home (curse that dropped interception) and then got their asses handed to them at OU (no legit NC contender should have a game like that). Then they just got by Baylor today. BAYLOR. Don't forget that Texas played Missouri and beat them handily. Neither OU nor TT played Missouri.

But yeah, they should be in a BCS game. Bump Utah.

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM

This shouldn't even be a question. Texas is the superior team to Oklahoma as they've already proven it.

I should make it clear that I don't feel bad for Texas at all.

But Texas Tech beat Texas. How can Tech be excluded?

RockyBalboa
11-29-2008, 11:43 PM

This shouldn't even be a question. Texas is the superior team to Oklahoma as they've already proven it on the field of play between them.

Fiyero
11-30-2008, 12:24 AM

Did you show those photos to Sister Bayles before posting them? Is she a Lindsey fan too?

Oklahoma moved up to #1 in the new Sagarin, and is #1 in the BCS elo-chess ranking too. So things are looking good for Sooner fans.

Babs
11-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Is anyone seriously making a case for TT? They squeaked by Texas at home (curse that dropped interception) and then got their asses handed to them at OU (no legit NC contender should have a game like that). Then they just got by Baylor today. BAYLOR. Don't forget that Texas played Missouri and beat them handily. Neither OU nor TT played Missouri.

I've gotta congratulate you, JL. You're playing the role of the Texas homer to a T. I imagine you're trolling, but I'll play:

I'm confused by your logic. How is it that the OU-Texas head-to-head counts, but the Tech-Texas head-to-head doesn't? You're comparing this to a playoff, but in a playoff all the games count. You don't get to pick and choose.

And is it really helpful to your cause to delineate all the weaknesses of the team that defeated the team you're trying to promote?

To defend Tech:
Tech indeed barely got by Baylor today, but that was with Crabtree out of the game altogether, and Harrell playing injured, surgery expected this week. And as far as Baylor is concerned, the Longhorns struggled against Baylor the first half, and that was playing healthy and in Austin.

The truth is that no one of those three teams has any more legitimate argument than the other two. Hence, three-way tie. The sad aspect of the whole scenario is that we've reduced our head coaches to having to lobby for support. That's not sport. That's politics.

Babs
11-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Did you show those photos to Sister TD before posting them? Is she a Lindsey fan too?

And what the heck are they doing in a thread about OU and Texas?

Jeff Lebowski
11-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I've gotta congratulate you, JL. You're playing the role of the Texas homer to a T. I imagine you're trolling, but I'll play:

I'm confused by your logic. How is it that the OU-Texas head-to-head counts, but the Tech-Texas head-to-head doesn't? You're comparing this to a playoff, but in a playoff all the games count. You don't get to pick and choose.

And is it really helpful to your cause to delineate all the weaknesses of the team that defeated the team you're trying to promote?

To defend Tech:
Tech indeed barely got by Baylor today, but that was with Crabtree out of the game altogether, and Harrell playing injured, surgery expected this week. And as far as Baylor is concerned, the Longhorns struggled against Baylor the first half, and that was playing healthy and in Austin.

The truth is that no one of those three teams has any more legitimate argument than the other two. Hence, three-way tie. The sad aspect of the whole scenario is that we've reduced our head coaches to having to lobby for support. That's not sport. That's politics.

Of course I am biased. I wonder even begin to argue that. And I believe everyone here knows my biases.

Yes, I will agree that TT makes it even messier. What I am saying is that if it boils down to OU vs. Texas (which is how it appears to me based on the the polls and the discussion in the national press) I fail to see how someone who believes in the concept of a playoff system would argue for OU. I don't think anyone has rebutted that yet.

Don't worry, you are still my favorite librarian/superhero/sooner fan.

cougjunkie
11-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Of course I am biased. I wonder even begin to argue that. And I believe everyone here knows my biases.

Yes, I will agree that TT makes it even messier. What I am saying is that if it boils down to OU vs. Texas (which is how it appears to me based on the the polls and the discussion in the national press) I fail to see how someone who believes in the concept of a playoff system would argue for OU. I don't think anyone has rebutted that yet.

Don't worry, you are still my favorite librarian/superhero/sooner fan.

That is the point you are missing, it doesnt boil down to OU vs Texas. There is a 3 way tie. Not a two way. Quick reminder:

ZaN_ce47MOY

CardiacCoug
11-30-2008, 07:35 AM
It will be OU in the Big 12 championship and the whole state of Texas is gonna be pissed. Mack Brown will be whining about this for a long time.

Mizzou doesn't stand a chance against OU, either.

A Florida-OU matchup for the NC will be a great game, though. I'm looking forward to it.

CardiacCoug
11-30-2008, 07:45 AM
That is the point you are missing, it doesnt boil down to OU vs Texas. There is a 3 way tie. Not a two way. Quick reminder:

Tech played a weaker overall schedule than either OU or Texas, and had two very close wins at home against Baylor and Nebraska. To me, that takes Tech out of the picture.

The problem, though, is that if you use the "beauty contest" criterion to take Tech out of the equation, it doesn't seem right to then switch from a "beauty contest" (which favors OU) to the "head-to-head" criterion to choose Texas over OU.

I think OU would win six out of ten games against Texas, but I'm not sure how I would vote if it were up to me.

cougjunkie
11-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech played a weaker overall schedule than either OU or Texas, and had two very close wins at home against Baylor and Nebraska. To me, that takes Tech out of the picture.

The problem, though, is that if you use the "beauty contest" criterion to take Tech out of the equation, it doesn't seem right to then switch from a "beauty contest" (which favors OU) to the "head-to-head" criterion to choose Texas over OU.

I think OU would win six out of ten games against Texas, but I'm not sure how I would vote if it were up to me.

Weaker overall schedule? All three are 11-1 and all three played a very similar Big 12 schedule. Also a win is a win, I think its bullcrap if margin of victory is taken in to account. If you want margin of victory used then that should have been made the tiebreaker and I am sure Tech could have ran it up on a few more teams like Oklahoma.

cougjunkie
11-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Out of conference schedules:

Texas Tech: Eastern Washington (1-AA), Massachusetts (1-AA), Nevada (7-5), SMU (1-10)

Texas: Florida Atlantic (5-7), Rice (9-3), Arkansas (5-7), UTEP (5-7)

Oklahoma TCU (10-2), Cincinatti (10-2), Chattanooga (1-AA), Washington (0-12)

Looks like Tech took the easy way out non-conference, Texas played a bit tougher schedule, but Oklahoma wanted a challenge.

Not that this means anything but you wonder why when you have a 3 way tie in the same conference that one team has a higher BCS ranking than another.

CardiacCoug
11-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Weaker overall schedule? All three are 11-1 and all three played a very similar Big 12 schedule. Also a win is a win, I think its bullcrap if margin of victory is taken in to account. If you want margin of victory used then that should have been made the tiebreaker and I am sure Tech could have ran it up on a few more teams like Oklahoma.

Yeah, remember all those games where Leach pulled Crabtree and Harrell out in the third quarter in order to avoid running up the score? ;)

I agree that their schedules are very similar, but if you're looking for subtle ways to try to separate these teams, you can look at their unique wins: Texas crushed Mizzou, OU crushed TCU, and Tech beat Nevada on the road.

Tech also played two FCS teams in Massachussetts and Eastern Washington while Texas and OU handily beat (respectively) Rice and Cincinnatti teams that turned out to be pretty solid. It's not a big difference, but Texas and OU definitely played and beat better teams than Tech. Somebody should tell Leach to schedule a little tougher next time.

Babs
11-30-2008, 09:07 AM
I remember a couple of days ago when TD was asking whether we were discussing who's the Pac 10 champ or who's playing in the Rose Bowl, which apparently aren't necessarily the same thing. I think there's similar ambiguity here.

I think JL is trying to argue that Texas should be ranked higher than Oklahoma, which is different than arguing over who won the Big 12 South. There's no way to get around the fact that there's a three-way tie for the south.

JL, there are legitimate (and pretty convincing) arguments as to why Texas should be ranked higher than Oklahoma. But I don't think the outcome of that one game is one of them, because if it were, Tech would be ranked ahead of Texas, Oregon State would be ahead of USC, and Ole Miss would be looking at heading to the national title game.

And I think your comparison to playoff argument is weakening your case, as it pulls the Tech loss back into the equation.

All-American
11-30-2008, 09:25 AM
I get the sense that nobody is really arguing that Texas Tech should go in over Texas or Oklahoma. People are only trying to decide whether Texas or Oklahoma should get in.

I have the perfect solution: have Texas and Oklahoma play each other, and have the winner of that game go to the championship game.

Coach McGuirk
11-30-2008, 09:34 AM
I have the perfect solution: have Texas and Oklahoma play each other, and have the winner of that game go to the championship game.

Ha! So Texas it is!

Babs
11-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I get the sense that nobody is really arguing that Texas Tech should go in over Texas or Oklahoma. People are only trying to decide whether Texas or Oklahoma should get in.

If I were a Red Raider fan, I'd be really pissed. For one thing, nobody gives a rats ass that my team knocked off the Longhorns. For another, I'm stuck living in Lubbock.

Babs
11-30-2008, 09:48 AM
The assumption here is that the Big 12 south winner will defeat Missouri in the conference title game and then head to play for the national championship.

But here's some fun:

If Missouri upsets the south winner (UT/OU) in the Big 12 title game, then there's a good likelihood that the left out southern team (OU/UT) will play for the national title. Then Missouri gets the conference's auto-bid (having won the conference), and both Tech and the winner of the south division end up left out of the BCS altogether.

So how backwards is that? The winner of what is arguably (I said arguably) the strongest division in the strongest conference in all of college football would not only get shut out of the national title game, it wouldn't even get a BCS bid.**

**preemptive aside to Il Pad: yes, we know you won't shed any tears for the Big 12 south.

Babs
11-30-2008, 09:52 AM
**preemptive aside to Il Pad: yes, we know you won't shed any tears for the Big 12 south.

secondary aside to Il Pad: that sounded more acrid than it was supposed to. Sorry about that.

All-American
11-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Ha! So Texas it is!

Why, I suppose so.

Also-- I anxiously await the new rule that says that no team that fails to win its conference is eligible for the championship game. Certainly they must win their division.

il Padrino Ute
11-30-2008, 10:12 AM
secondary aside to Il Pad: that sounded more acrid than it was supposed to. Sorry about that.

No worries. I thought it was funny.

All-American
11-30-2008, 10:13 AM
If I were a Red Raider fan, I'd be really pissed. For one thing, nobody gives a rats ass that my team knocked off the Longhorns. For another, I'm stuck living in Lubbock.

I take it back. ONE group of people do sympathize with Red Raider fans: Oklahoma fans.

Babs
11-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Why, I suppose so.

Also-- I anxiously await the new rule that says that no team that fails to win its conference is eligible for the championship game. Certainly they must win their division.

Does 1/3 of a division count?

Jeff Lebowski
11-30-2008, 11:29 AM
JL, there are legitimate (and pretty convincing) arguments as to why Texas should be ranked higher than Oklahoma. But I don't think the outcome of that one game is one of them, because if it were, Tech would be ranked ahead of Texas, Oregon State would be ahead of USC, and Ole Miss would be looking at heading to the national title game.

Come on, that's a copout. Of course there is a three-way tie. At the end of the day, you have to resolve that tie. For a variety of reasons (SOS, margin of victory, whatever), it boiled down to Texas vs. OU in the end.

Babs
11-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Come on, that's a copout. Of course there is a three-way tie. At the end of the day, you have to resolve that tie. For a variety of reasons (SOS, margin of victory, whatever), it boiled down to Texas vs. OU in the end.

Have you looked at the numbers out? Sagarin has Oklahoma and Texas 1-2 separated by .01, and the coaches have the teams separated by a single vote. That's just crazy.

TripletDaddy
11-30-2008, 12:46 PM
The assumption here is that the Big 12 south winner will defeat Missouri in the conference title game and then head to play for the national championship.

But here's some fun:

If Missouri upsets the south winner (UT/OU) in the Big 12 title game, then there's a good likelihood that the left out southern team (OU/UT) will play for the national title. Then Missouri gets the conference's auto-bid (having won the conference), and both Tech and the winner of the south division end up left out of the BCS altogether.

So how backwards is that? The winner of what is arguably (I said arguably) the strongest division in the strongest conference in all of college football would not only get shut out of the national title game, it wouldn't even get a BCS bid.**

My prediction if Missouri beats the South team......the media will claim that the B12 was not as strong as once presumed. The media love for SC and the desire to see the top defense go against a top offense will prompt pollsters to bump SC up (assuming SC lays a beat down on FUCLA).

I recognize how much SC hate there is out there, but I am not naive enough to think that the media doesn't absolutely love SC. I think there will be some effort to get them into the NC game, if it is even remotely possible.

A Missouri victory makes it remotely possible.

Jeff Lebowski
11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
My prediction if Missouri beats the South team......

Ain't gonna happen.

TripletDaddy
11-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Ain't gonna happen.

I don't think so either, but in the event that it does...

Mormon Red Death
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
My prediction if Missouri beats the South team......the media will claim that the B12 was not as strong as once presumed. The media love for SC and the desire to see the top defense go against a top offense will prompt pollsters to bump SC up (assuming SC lays a beat down on FUCLA).

I recognize how much SC hate there is out there, but I am not naive enough to think that the media doesn't absolutely love SC. I think there will be some effort to get them into the NC game, if it is even remotely possible.

A Missouri victory makes it remotely possible.

Here is what I would love to see.

UCLA beats southern cal
Mizzou thrashes Oklahoma
Bama beats Floriday

Voters realize that the big 12 south is overrated and push Utah above Texas for the NC game

(Yes I know the chance of Utah jumping Texas is 1 in a billion)

TripletDaddy
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Here is what I would love to see.

UCLA beats southern cal
Mizzou thrashes Oklahoma
Bama beats Floriday

Voters realize that the big 12 south is overrated and push Utah above Texas for the NC game

(Yes I know the chance of Utah jumping Texas is 1 in a billion)

I would generally scoff at your FUCLA prediction, but...well......13-9.....you know.....