X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myron Rolle skipping senior year and going pro

as a neurosurgeon?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3734177

He accepted a Rhodes scholarship to study at Oxford in England. Trying to decide if he can do that and play in the NFL as well. I can't say I've ever seen this before...

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
    as a neurosurgeon?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3734177

He accepted a Rhodes scholarship to study at Oxford in England. Trying to decide if he can do that and play in the NFL as well. I can't say I've ever seen this before...
    I give the kid a ton of credit, I doubt he can do both but he is realizing the opportunity he has at Oxford. I bet he studies abroad for a few years and gives the NFL a shot after that.
    *Banned*

Comment

Obama should give him a high profile government post--isn't there a President's Advisor on Health and Fitness (or something like that) position that Arnold S. held under Reagan? Every kid in every school in America should hear this guys story.
      A Mormon president could make a perfectly patriotic, competent, inspiring leader. But not Mitt Romney. He is a husked void. --David Javerbaum

Comment

I think this is the most impressive story of the football season.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

A little bit more about Rolle. From his FSU Bio:

Personal: Born Oct. 30, 1986...on pace to have his bachelor in exercise science before the 2008 season begins...will pursue a master's degree in public administration beginning in September... his father graduated with a master's degree in finance from Miami...played the lead role in his high school's production of "Fiddler on the Roof" as a senior...the youngest of five brothers... wants to become a Rhodes Scholar like his good friend and former Seminole track and field star Garrett Johnson...2007 Arthur Ashe First Team Sports Scholar...won the 2006 Watkins Award, awarded to high school students on the basis of academic achievement, athletics and involvement in the community...a member of Kappa Alpha Psi, Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society and Phi Eta Sigma.
          For those not familiar with him, the kid is no slouch on the field either. In 2006, he was the 6th rated prospect overall by Scout.com, and Mel Kiper has him as one of the 10 best NFL safety prospects for the draft this year. For him to seriously consider skipping out on the NFL to go to school is pretty incredible IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            A little bit more about Rolle. From his FSU Bio:

For those not familiar with him, the kid is no slouch on the field either. In 2006, he was the 6th rated prospect overall by Scout.com, and Mel Kiper has him as one of the 10 best NFL safety prospects for the draft this year. For him to seriously consider skipping out on the NFL to go to school is pretty incredible IMO.
            He also has two brothers Antrell and Samari in the NFL. Both of whom graduated with 4.0 GPAs from Miami.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              He also has two brothers Antrell and Samari
              Or not. I am almost certain there is no relation. Although Samari Rolle is cousins with Chad Ocho Cinco I believe.

Comment

Working...
              X