Do you know where Coach lives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know where Coach lives?

No, not Coach from CUF (although some do know where he lives, I'm sure). I'm talking about Bronco, or Whit, or LaVell, or NoCho, or McBride. Or whomever.

One sidebar thing I have noticed amid todays events...what is it with fans going to the Coach's house? We read many similar reports when the Vest was sacked. People showing up on the lawn, singing songs, yelling, making a bunch of noise. And judging from media reports this week, it sounds like everyone in State College hangs out in Paternos yard all day.

How many people here know where Bronco lives? His exact house? What about Whit? I don't have the slightest clue nor has it ever dawned on me to try to find out, let alone go there for any reason. If you do know, I would ask to please not post an address here...that would be uncool. But a simple yes or no would be interesting.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    No, not Coach from CUF (although some do know where he lives, I'm sure). I'm talking about Bronco, or Whit, or LaVell, or NoCho, or McBride. Or whomever.

One sidebar thing I have noticed amid todays events...what is it with fans going to the Coach's house? We read many similar reports when the Vest was sacked. People showing up on the lawn, singing songs, yelling, making a bunch of noise. And judging from media reports this week, it sounds like everyone in State College hangs out in Paternos yard all day.

How many people here know where Bronco lives? His exact house? What about Whit? I don't have the slightest clue nor has it ever dawned on me to try to find out, let alone go there for any reason. If you do know, I would ask to please not post an address here...that would be uncool. But a simple yes or no would be interesting.
    No.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

No.

Comment

I think that town is about like Price, Utah (sorry, can't remember its name, and I know about every major college town's name but this one). Very small, very remote and unglamorous. That's what seemed so amazing about what he did, taking a place that was like Texas Tech of the East and making it so special. So, in a place like that, maybe everyone did know where he lived.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          No.
          For people living in Nippon, do you know where the coach of the local baseball team lives? What about Sadaharu Oh's house?

sigpic

Comment

For people living in Nippon, do you know where the coach of the local baseball team lives? What about Sadaharu Oh's house?
            No.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I think that town is about like Price, Utah (sorry, can't remember its name, and I know about every major college town's name but this one). Very small, very remote and unglamorous. That's what seemed so amazing about what he did, taking a place that was like Texas Tech of the East and making it so special. So, in a place like that, maybe everyone did know where he lived.
              State College (often confused with College Station, which is A&M).

Perhaps Solon can explain whether it really is a small town vibe. But Vest lived in a burb of Columbus. That isn't a tiny one horse town. It is a decent sized metro area. People still found that guy out.

sigpic

Comment

No.
                What about any Sumo wrestlers? Akebono?
                Last edited by TripletDaddy; 11-09-2011, 09:47 PM.

sigpic

Comment

What about any Sumo wrestlers? Akebono?
                  I thought AKebono moved back to hawaii after he retired?

(Not that I know where in hawaii that would be, however)
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

After Crowton left and BYU was looking for a new head coach, exUte gave regular CB updates on the flags waving outside Kyle Whittingham's home.

Comment

State College (often confused with College Station, which is A&M).
                      Yes, and responding to SU (being nit picky), Texas Tech is in Lubbock which is actually a pretty big town.

Comment

What about any Sumo wrestlers? Akibono?
                        It's Akebono.

The locations of sumo "stables" are fairly well-known and most are in the same neighborhood as Tokyo's Ryogoku Kokugikan where three tournaments are held each year. Many lesser sumotori will stay in dormitories at these stables while I'm sure the upper sumotori have their own homes. One could go hang out near these stables and probably catch a glimpse of famous sumotori before or after their workouts.

As for Akebono, no.

Comment

The locations of sumo "stables" are fairly well-known and most are in the same neighborhood as Tokyo's Ryogoku Kokugikan where three tournaments are held each year. Many lesser sumotori will stay in dormitories at these stables while I'm sure the upper sumotori have their own homes. One could go hang out near these stables and probably catch a glimpse of famous sumotori before or after their workouts.
                          Whats with all the specifics, groupie? uncool.

sigpic

Comment

No. I will guarantee that there are a bunch of obsessed fans that do know where both Whitt and Bronco live.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                              Yes, and responding to SU (being nit picky), Texas Tech is in Lubbock which is actually a pretty big town.
                              Yeah, it was probably more like taking Utah State or UTEP and turning it into Penn State today (or last week). For the majority of Paterno's career Penn State was an independent, couldn't buy its way into a major conference.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X