No announcement yet.

Week 10 (or Bama-LSU and everyone else)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 (or Bama-LSU and everyone else)

I'm so geeked for the game in Tuscaloosa. Okie State has made a nice claim, but the two unquestioned best teams are the Tide and Tigers.

Roll Tide!!!
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

That should be a great game. I think LSU wins, but I recognize my bias.

On a side note with Oklahoma jumping Oregon this week in the BCS the message should be sent loud and clear do NOT play games like Oregon/LSU at the start of the season. If Oregon would have played a MWC/WAC team they would be #2-3 in the polls. Instead Oregon is still being punished for losing a road game to LSU, while Oklahoma is being rewarded for losing a home game to Texas Tech. At this point Oregon can win out and be skipped by a team with a far worse loss and equal good wins, assuming Boise were to also lose.

No more big games please, just fill the schedule.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

I hope Alabama rolls over LSU. I don't want to see a rematch of a game that I already watched (even if they both might be the two best teams, but I think Stanford has a case for #2, and Boise State should get a shot if there's no other undefeated teams).

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

On a side note with Oklahoma jumping Oregon this week in the BCS the message should be sent loud and clear do NOT play games like Oregon/LSU at the start of the season. If Oregon would have played a MWC/WAC team they would be #2-3 in the polls. Instead Oregon is still being punished for losing a road game to LSU, while Oklahoma is being rewarded for losing a home game to Texas Tech. At this point Oregon can win out and be skipped by a team with a far worse loss and equal good wins, assuming Boise were to also lose.

Don't kid yourself if Oregon lost competitively they'd be above Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
          I hope Alabama rolls over LSU. I don't want to see a rematch of a game that I already watched (even if they both might be the two best teams, but I think Stanford has a case for #2, and Boise State should get a shot if there's no other undefeated teams).
          There would have to be a ton of chaos for that to happen. Okie St and Stanford would have to lose; Boise would have to at least struggle (if not lose); and Oregon and Oklahoma may have to lose.

I love chaos, so seeing that would be worth it.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I had an opportunity to go to this game, but my friend and I backed out given the number of roadies we've already done. Should be a good game although I hope it's not a typical 9-6 SEC defensive battle.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
              Don't kid yourself if Oregon lost competitively they'd be above Oklahoma.
              So a competitive home loss to a likely 6-7 win team team likely not to go bowling (I misread the record lines) is better?

Oregon's loss to LSU is better than Oklahoma's loss. The rest of their schedules are equal IMO. I think that is why all the human polls agree. Instead the same computers that you will be deriding later in the year when they keep an undefeated Boise out and let a 1 loss BCS team in agree with you. Interesting.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

So a competitive home loss to a likely 6-7 win team team likely not to go bowling (I misread the record lines) is better?

Oregon's loss to LSU is better than Oklahoma's loss. The rest of their schedules are equal IMO. I think that is why all the human polls agree. Instead the same computers that you will be deriding later in the year when they keep an undefeated Boise out and let a 1 loss BCS team in agree with you. Interesting.
                And is this really the week to be chirping after being outgained by WSU's backup QB? And the difference in the score was a blocked punt td and a kick return TD?

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                  And is this really the week to be chirping after being outgained by WSU's backup QB? And the difference in the score was a blocked punt td and a kick return TD?
                  Wasn't the difference in the LSU/Oregon game score a fumble returned for a TD and two turnovers giving LSU the ball inside the 30? Or do you only get to handpick things? Because you called that game a blowout, non-competitive.

You are right though, proving exactly what I said in my first post. Teams should learn to not schedule those type of games. Oregon would be 2-3 in the polls if they played Okie States OOC. So did Oregon blow out and dominate WSU, or was the Oregon/LSU game close that just came down to a couple of plays? In case you forgot Oregon outgained LSU.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Wasn't the difference in the LSU/Oregon game score a fumble returned for a TD and two turnovers giving LSU the ball inside the 30? Or do you only get to handpick things? Because you called that game a blowout, non-competitive.

You are right though, proving exactly what I said in my first post. Teams should learn to not schedule those type of games. Oregon would be 2-3 in the polls if they played Okie States OOC. So did Oregon blow out and dominate WSU, or was the Oregon/LSU game close that just came down to a couple of plays? In case you forgot Oregon outgained LSU.
                    Are you really comparing a win for LSU over Oregon and an Oregon win over WSU as an apples to apples comparison? If you win like you did against WSU when you play Stanford it will be a damn impressive dominating win. But when its a godawful team like WSU you have to look at it a little closer.

Comment

The message might more accurately be that if you schedule these big games, make sure you win them. LSU Is definitely enjoying a perceived SOS bump in the human polls as a result of beating the Ducks. That is a quality win and they won in convincing fashion.

What you are seeing this week in the BCS isn't a reflection of Oregons loss to LSU. It is the typical voter bias BS against the PAC that we see every year and have seen since the inception of the BCS. It is the same bias that kept Oregon out of the title game previously. The same bias that put SC in the Rose Bowl against Michigan instead of playing LSU for the title. Nothing new and it is as boring and tired as always. These writers are convinced that the PAC plays a lesser brand of football simply because the games start later in the evening. In fairness, the B12 is pretty tough this season, which is why I believe Oklahoma is getting the benefit of the doubt on this one, but make no mistake, there is a reason why no one loss PAC team has ever played for a title, while a 2 loss SEC team played for one. What a joke.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        The message might more accurately be that if you schedule these big games, make sure you win them. LSU Is definitely enjoying a perceived SOS bump in the human polls as a result of beating the Ducks. That is a quality win and they won in convincing fashion.

What you are seeing this week in the BCS isn't a reflection of Oregons loss to LSU. It is the typical voter bias BS against the PAC that we see every year and have seen since the inception of the BCS. It is the same bias that kept Oregon out of the title game previously. The same bias that put SC in the Rose Bowl against Michigan instead of playing LSU for the title. Nothing new and it is as boring and tired as always. These writers are convinced that the PAC plays a lesser brand of football simply because the games start later in the evening. In fairness, the B12 is pretty tough this season, which is why I believe Oklahoma is getting the benefit of the doubt on this one, but make no mistake, there is a reason why no one loss PAC team has ever played for a title, while a 2 loss SEC team played for one. What a joke.
                        Except it is the computers that allowed Oklahoma to jump Oregon, Oregon is ahead in both human polls.

I agree Oregon needed to win that game to change the fortunes of the program, I've had a hard time getting excited about the Duck season since that game as I realized that there was a limit on what Oregon could become (at least this year).

They now enter 3 weeks of games that will prove what kind of team they really are after 7 weeks of limited challenges, road tests at improved Washington, @ Stanford and USC at Autzen. If they go 3-0 in those games then I think they will be in the top 4 and could make a jump with a lot of help, however I am more worried about winning THE ROSE and moving to next year with a loaded squad.

The Ducks need to win the P12 and win THE ROSE BOWL GAME to gain what is needed in perception to jump to the next level.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Title_Game[/ame]

Scroll down to the 2011 game, LOL.

But yeah, it seems like the PAC-12 as viewed as lesser than the Big 12 and SEC, but I can't really disagree, the PAC-12 isn't anywhere near as good as the SEC or Big 12 at this point.

Comment

Except it is the computers that allowed Oklahoma to jump Oregon, Oregon is ahead in both human polls.

I agree Oregon needed to win that game to change the fortunes of the program, I've had a hard time getting excited about the Duck season since that game as I realized that there was a limit on what Oregon could become (at least this year).

They now enter 3 weeks of games that will prove what kind of team they really are after 7 weeks of limited challenges, road tests at improved Washington, @ Stanford and USC at Autzen. If they go 3-0 in those games then I think they will be in the top 4 and could make a jump with a lot of help, however I am more worried about winning THE ROSE and moving to next year with a loaded squad.

The Ducks need to win the P12 and win THE ROSE BOWL GAME to gain what is needed in perception to jump to the next level.
                            Perhaps the difference maker this year in getting a one loss PAC team into the title game is that the PAC will have a championship game while the B12 will be dormant that final week. If Oregon wins out the next four games, it would probably be in a good position to possibly rematch with LSU. That might be the only hope. I gave up waiting for the PAC to be rewarded by the polls. Whatever the conference does, the B12 and SEC always seem to get the breaks when it all shakes out. Now it is my bias speaking, I suppose.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Title_Game

Scroll down to the 2011 game, LOL.
                              LOL that's good. I'm surprised a Wiki-enforcer hasn't pulled it yet.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X