Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're BACK!!!

Phew. Sorry about that.

It took a long time for them to migrate the site to the new hosting account. Actually, it only took them ten minutes to do it. But it took them about 12 hours to get around to it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Phew. Sorry about that.

It took a long time for them to migrate the site to the new hosting account. Actually, it only took them ten minutes to do it. But it took them about 12 hours to get around to it.
    good work Leb.

Comment

So here is what happened. I wanted to get this fixed today (weekend would have been nicer), otherwise we run up against the 24-hr deadline and we are dead in the water or paying through the nose. So I spoke with Host Gator on the phone and they couldn't make sense of the graph from SiteGround (figures). But the guy I spoke with said that he would be surprised if a group this small would need a dedicated server. In any case, the cost was low (< $10 per month), so I figured we would give it a shot.

Host Gator offers free migration assistance. After setting up the account, I backed everything up, shut down the forum (so that the database wouldn't get out of synch) and put in a transfer request. Then I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited.... They finally came through at about 11 pm MDT.

If this doesn't work out, I have a plan C.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Glad to see it back! Great job Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          Glad to see it back! Great job Jeff.
          Nice job, JL. Thanks.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

So here is what happened. I wanted to get this fixed today (weekend would have been nicer), otherwise we run up against the 24-hr deadline and we are dead in the water or paying through the nose. So I spoke with Host Gator on the phone and they couldn't make sense of the graph from SiteGround (figures). But the guy I spoke with said that he would be surprised if a group this small would need a dedicated server. In any case, the cost was low (< $10 per month), so I figured we would give it a shot.

Host Gator offers free migration assistance. After setting up the account, I backed everything up, shut down the forum (so that the database wouldn't get out of synch) and put in a transfer request. Then I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited.... They finally came through at about 11 pm MDT.

If this doesn't work out, I have a plan C.
            I've been using Host Gator for many years -- they are great.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, JL.
              Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I'm angry. I demand better service for my money.

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Well done Jeff Lebowski. Thanks for your efforts in keeping this place around.

Comment

Good job. I don't understand any of it, but it is back and running so you must have done a good job.

Comment

Thanks Lebowski.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

You're a cool dude, JL. But you knew that.
                        sigpic
                        "Outlined against a blue, gray
                        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

The Dude is the Man!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Hey, I am wondering if a nice bonus from all this is that MyBoyNoah, Goatnapper, and Rocky will now be able to access the site. It is an entirely new IP address.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Hey, I am wondering if a nice bonus from all this is that MyBoyNoah, Goatnapper, and Rocky will now be able to access the site. It is an entirely new IP address.
                              Ha, good thought! I saw napper on here earlier so maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X