• Show
Clear All

• Plaxico Burress shot in leg

Apparently an accident while clubbing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Apparently an accident while clubbing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
    Now saying self inflicted. What an idiot. I hope the Giants cut him loose. The other week they had a spread on NFL players in ESPN the Mag and the lengths they go to ensure personal protection. Why go someplace though, where you need a gun? And now there is question if he even owned the gun legally. And it certainly doesn't seem like he knows how to use it. Burress is a cancer.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone ever seen 8 Mile? Plax sounds like Chedder Bob.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Now saying self inflicted. What an idiot. I hope the Giants cut him loose. The other week they had a spread on NFL players in ESPN the Mag and the lengths they go to ensure personal protection. Why go someplace though, where you need a gun? And now there is question if he even owned the gun legally. And it certainly doesn't seem like he knows how to use it. Burress is a cancer.
        If the Giants cut him, how long before he is a Cowboy?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          If the Giants cut him, how long before he is a Cowboy?
          As soon as Roger lifts the suspension you know is waiting for him.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

I think there is a lot more to this story. Just wait over the next few days more details will come out and there will be something else that is going on.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                I think there is a lot more to this story. Just wait over the next few days more details will come out and there will be something else that is going on.
                Well think about what goes into being shot in the leg:

-You are at a place where you think you need to be armed.

-You are carrying a weapon that is loaded.

-You are carrying a weapon that has a round in the chamber.

-Alternatively you have taken your weapon out and placed a round in the chamber.

-You are carrying your weapon around with the safety off, or alternatively you have taken it out and turned the safety off.

-Subsequent to the safety being taken off you place your finger on the trigger or something else inside the trigger guard that is capable of causing the action to engage.

Does all of that sound like an accident? You are right. MUCH more to come on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                  Well think about what goes into being shot in the leg:

-You are at a place where you think you need to be armed.

-You are carrying a weapon that is loaded.

-You are carrying a weapon that has a round in the chamber.

-Alternatively you have taken your weapon out and placed a round in the chamber.

-You are carrying your weapon around with the safety off, or alternatively you have taken it out and turned the safety off.

-Subsequent to the safety being taken off you place your finger on the trigger or something else inside the trigger guard that is capable of causing the action to engage.

Does all of that sound like an accident? You are right. MUCH more to come on this one.
                  I think Plaxico will have to address the long standing rumors.......he is actually an avid Republican and secretly went hunting with Dick Cheney over the holiday break. His street cred is finished.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I think Plaxico will have to address the long standing rumors.......he is actually an avid Republican and secretly went hunting with Dick Cheney over the holiday break. His street cred is finished.
                    A Dick Cheney hunting joke? I expected so much more of you.

Comment

Lots of new details coming in according to a radio report I heard on way in to work this am. Apparently Plaxico's story is that the gun had slid down his pant leg and he tried to slide it back up and it went off. He then spent the next few hours frantically trying to find a way to hide his blunder. Workers at the night club cleaned up the blood and didn't report the shooting to police. Plaxico found a hospital in New York that would see him without reporting the shooting and he used an assumed name. His story was that he'd been shot at an Applebees. Hospital workers recognized him though and eventually the story leaked to the media. The gunshot was not reported by the hospital though and apparently that's illegal. I'm sure there's much more to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X