Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that BYU's ascendency to the Big-12 is obvious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that BYU's ascendency to the Big-12 is obvious...

does anyone have any clue how next year's schedule breaks down?

My assumption is BYU will be in a 10 team Big-12 next year and the other two teams will join the year after.

The Big-12 is playing 9 conference games under that scenario. That would leave BYU 3 OOC games. I expect it will be the three Utah schools projected to be on the schedule. Hence, BYU's home schedule would be 4 Big-12 opponents, Utah State and Weber State.

However, if the Big-12 goes to 12 then I think it goes back to playing an 8 game conference schedule. Then I think BYU would keep its game at Notre Dame or, my preference, Boise State as well as the other 3 OOC games.

When will this stuff be finalized?

Which OOC games are the most likely for next year assuming BYU in the Big-12, other than Utah?
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    does anyone have any clue how next year's schedule breaks down?

My assumption is BYU will be in a 10 team Big-12 next year and the other two teams will join the year after.

The Big-12 is playing 9 conference games under that scenario. That would leave BYU 3 OOC games. I expect it will be the three Utah schools projected to be on the schedule. Hence, BYU's home schedule would be 4 Big-12 opponents, Utah State and Weber State.

However, if the Big-12 goes to 12 then I think it goes back to playing an 8 game conference schedule. Then I think BYU would keep its game at Notre Dame or, my preference, Boise State as well as the other 3 OOC games.

When will this stuff be finalized?

Which OOC games are the most likely for next year assuming BYU in the Big-12, other than Utah?
    I really wish we would keep Hawaii on the schedule.

Comment

I just saw this CB post:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=7625691

If we fill in Missouri's place in a 10-team Big 12 schedule
      next year, we play the following home/away split:

Provo:
      Oklahoma
      Kansas State
      TCU (taking A&M's place)
      Baylor
      Kansas

Away:
      Texas
      Texas Tech
      Iowa State
      Oklahoma State

I'd venture to guess we'd keep Hawaii, Utah State and Boise State (since those are the long-term contracts signed) or push one or two off to keep Wazzu and/or Georgia Tech on schedule next year

Commence the drooling......

Comment

Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
        I really wish we would keep Hawaii on the schedule.
        Dude we are bigtime now, what do we have to gain by playing Hawaii? Aloha and Mahalo!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Dude we are bigtime now, what do we have to gain by playing Hawaii? Aloha and Mahalo!
          We gain an opportunity to go to Hawaii in December.

Comment

Thine Elders of Israel will be too busy planning their trip to the 5th place Big 12 bowl game.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

And schedule a 13th game every other year. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                We are going to play in SLC next year. I also don't think they will give us 5 home conference games in our first year. While I doubt the Big-12 will treat us like the two teams that just joined the Pac, like most college football fans in the nation I have already forgotten who they were, were treated I doubt they are that accomodating to us.

I think we take the 4 home conference game year in order to salvage our "saturday is a special day because it is the day we rebroadcast BYU football games" demand. It is the art of the negotiation!

That dude don't know shit. His knees probably buckled at the darker, or at least HOW DARK IT LOOKED TO THE PUSSIES WHO PUT THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND, hours. Luckily, present company knows nothing about that, eh?

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Dude, I live in Idaho why would I want to go to Hawaii in December?

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I question the premise of this topic.
                    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                    - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                    - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

BYU still needs to be playing Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by atheistcougar View Post
                        I question the premise of this topic.
                        I question why God put a penis between your legs!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

This is also a reason we may keep playing Hawaii.

I'd venture to guess we'd keep Hawaii, Utah State and Boise State (since those are the long-term contracts signed) or push one or two off to keep Wazzu and/or Georgia Tech on schedule next year
                          Not to mention that Bronco probably wants to go surfing.

Comment

Dude, I live in Idaho why would I want to go to Hawaii in December?
                            Ah, nothing like the Snake River Valley in December. Unplowed roads, sub zero temperatures, and co-eds dressed from head to toe in thick layers of wool and polyester.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                              BYU still needs to be playing Utah.
                              Maybe we can insist on a 2:1...
                              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                              - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Working...
                              X