It's been a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while...

Perhaps not long enough for some of you!

TripletDaddy has been more than gracious in his invitations to have me register and post a hello to the old gang. It looks like you guys have built up a great site here. Congratulations and I hope all is well with everyone.

I suppose I have several reasons for never having posted here before, chief among them a desire to limit my time on message boards. The shift to CUF was a natural time for me to take a break, and I felt (for whatever reason) that I owed MW some allegiance for having gone out of his way to make me a part of the CG family and spending no small amount of time to put that site together.

Anyways, I don't suppose I will visit regularly as I still hope to keep my time on message boards low, but I will check in from time to time if that's ok. I really do appreciate Triplet's kind words to me and the invitation to make a visit back here. I thoroughly enjoyed my past exchanges with you guys and gals (well- almost all of them ). Hopefully we can have a few more.

Welcome! Please dont be a stranger.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thanks, Creekster. How's the biking with the family going? Good to hear from you again.

Comment

Originally posted by calicoug View Post
        Thanks, Creekster. How's the biking with the family going? Good to hear from you again.
        Good memory! Only one child left at home and he isn't too keen on riding with the old man. My wife and I still get out.

How is life with you?
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Good memory! Only one child left at home and he isn't too keen on riding with the old man. My wife and I still get out.

How is life with you?
          Can't complain. Life's good. Is Utah Dan still hanging around these parts? My conversations with you two were among my favorites.

Comment

Whoa. A blast from the past. Good to hear from you, stranger.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

The Dude Man! Great to hear from you as well.

Comment

Can't complain. Life's good. Is Utah Dan still hanging around these parts? My conversations with you two were among my favorites.
                UD is here and stomping around as always. I am sure he will welcome you warmly when he sees this thread.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I really could do with a primer on the MW tyranny and coup de etat that passed. I've read the threads, but am still unclear as to what MW did to kill the site.
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                    I really could do with a primer on the MW tyranny and coup de etat that passed. I've read the threads, but am still unclear as to what MW did to kill the site.
                    You'll never get a clear answer on that because there's a lot of differing viewpoints, all with some legitimacy.

Comment

Glad to see you CaliCoug. Drop by from time to time. Tex misses you.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                        Glad to see you CaliCoug. Drop by from time to time. Tex misses you.
                        Ha! Yeah- I can imagine. Let me guess: he is still posting every little thing that he can about politics that benefit Republicans (mean/stupid things said by Democrats, poll movements, Democratic corruption, etc.) and never or rarely discussing actual policies and why the Republican version makes sense. I got pretty tired of that act. It's like having an argument with Tucker Carlson. You know in advance it's not going anywhere productive, but he draws you in by saying totally outrageous and inflammatory things and before you know it you feel like Paul Begala. And no- that's never a good thing.

Comment

I remember you fondly too. Welcome home.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            I remember you fondly too. Welcome home.
                            There you are! How many from the CG days still hang around here?

Comment

There you are! How many from the CG days still hang around here?
                              Most of them. We have had to kick one or two off the island, but besides you and Arch and Waters most all of the gang is here.

Comment

Working...
                              X