Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin

So I'm watching Biggest Loser last night and was pretty amazed at all of the success stories on that show. One thing they have done this last month is make all the guys keep their shirts on when they weigh and I'm wondering if it is because the skin is stretched and doesn't look good. Later I'm channel surfing and MTV has a show about some young kid that lost around two hundred pounds and needed a complete body tuck. My question is if they lost this weight over a long period of time would the skin tighten up also.

Later I'm channel surfing and MTV has a show about some young kid that lost around two hundred pounds and needed a complete body tuck. My question is if they lost this weight over a long period of time would the skin tighten up also.
    I think I saw the same show on MTV. Man, that was disgusting.

To answer your question, no, I don't think the skin tightens back up. I think if you lose the weight slowly the stretch won't be as bad, but for the most part, the skin is going to stay loose.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

To answer your question, no, I don't think the skin tightens back up. I think if you lose the weight slowly the stretch won't be as bad, but for the most part, the skin is going to stay loose.
      I knew a girl who was 19 who got her stomach stapled and subsequently lost about 220 lbs. She had a lot of extra skin, so she got her skin removed. They cant just cut it off. I remember that she had these small vials tied all over her body that filled with fluid, and she had to siphon off the fluid on a regular basis.

She wanted to donate her skin to a burn ward, but there were no facilities designed to accept such a donation. She could have helped a lot of people though.

The two things I remember: The doctor told her that the skin removal was way more dangerous than the stomach stapling. And the doctor said that the amount of loose skin you have is genetic.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

Did you see his first meal after he got his band loosened? I bet the kid put away 10,000 calories.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          Did you see his first meal after he got his band loosened? I bet the kid put away 10,000 calories.
          This may sound bad, but I couldn't stop laughing. 3 minutes later.... 6 minutes later... 5 minutes later...

By my count, he had his dinner, then knocked off 4 vanilla milkshakes (extra thick!), 1 piece of banana cream pie, 1 piece of lemon meringue pie, and then a brownie. The impressive thing was that he looked like he could keep going.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            So I'm watching Biggest Loser last night and was pretty amazed at all of the success stories on that show. One thing they have done this last month is make all the guys keep their shirts on when they weigh and I'm wondering if it is because the skin is stretched and doesn't look good. Later I'm channel surfing and MTV has a show about some young kid that lost around two hundred pounds and needed a complete body tuck. My question is if they lost this weight over a long period of time would the skin tighten up also.
            Sadly, the skin doesn't seem to tighten up. *sigh*
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I've lost about 130 lbs and the skin around my waist is still loose. zI like to joke that my birthday suit doesn't fit. That is why god invented shirts

It took me about a year to lose it and has been off for about a year and a half
              Last edited by happyone; 05-09-2009, 07:01 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
              X