Recommitment to independence thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommitment to independence thread

Let's just ignore BB for now. If we could schedule the last half of the season and get some more bowl options, independence really isn't that bad. You got to admit it's nice being the new Boise St when it comes to ESPN.

What exactly is the strategic plan for scheduling? The Pac really f***ed us over.

First four games are easy. What's the plan after that?

A couple creampuffs.
    Boise State: was the idea we would schedule them the end of the season? November would be nice.
    Notre Dame: it's a 2 for 1, offset it with one of the above creampuffs. But where I've noticed, this is an October game.

Other strategy:
    1. obviously use both your byes in the last half of the schedule
    2. 2:1 strategy. I would only take 2:1's if they are offered the last half of the season.
    3. 1:1 with shitty teams. I would only take 1:1's with schools in the bottom 1/3 of the nation, if they are in the last half of the season.
    4. move USU to November
    5. Army/Navy
    6. Hawaii always the last game of the year?
    7. Tell Utah that's cute they have new rules in the Pac. We have new rules with ESPN too and ESPN said to get Utah for the Friday after Thanksgiving every year as they'd rather have us use the first month for big names team. Utah can take it up with the Pac. Pac says no, oh well we'll get over it.

I don't know. See if we can work out a late season scheduling arrangement with CUSA or the MAC. :igiveup:

Comment

What we really need is one or two decent or even quite good teams to play in october and november so we're still part of the national conversation and in the minds of the voters. Its sad that instead what we're brainstorming is how to get any games at all.

Using both byes towards the end, especially, is sad. Ideally byes come after the first couple of games to work on things and retool, plus towards the end of the season right before a big game. But normally late season byes are a recipe for irrelevance.
      I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
      -smokymountainrain

Menden Hall Hates Me.

Comment

OK, so serious question. Any chance the Boise State game becomes the last game of the season?

Comment

How is scheduling the first 4 games easy? We've got nothing but shit to look forward to here on out. What short sighted, delusional morons.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            OK, so serious question. Any chance the Boise State game becomes the last game of the season?
            I doubt it. BSU is a member of a conference that we unsuccessfully tried to explode last summer and its not likely the MWC will look to do us any favors.

Comment

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Here is what I would need from independence/WCC

A football schedule like this:

Texas
                Notre Dame
                Boise State
                Utah
                Kansas State
                Pitt
                Washington
                Arizona
                Iowa State
                Utah State
                East Carolina
                Hawaii

Something like that.

Bowl schedule 12-0 or 11-1 (if conditions are right) BCS bowl. 9-3 or 10-2 Cotton Bowl. 8-4 or 7-5 Holiday Bowl. 6-6 Who Cares Bowl.

For hoops, an OOC schedule similar to Gonzaga.

Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  Good chance Boise is NOWHERE on the schedule as there is a decent chance they join the Big East in football only, along with losing Army/Navy as potential november opponents, Indy is getting drastically worse by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                    Good chance Boise is NOWHERE on the schedule as there is a decent chance they join the Big East in football only, along with losing Army/Navy as potential november opponents, Indy is getting drastically worse by the day.
                    But look at the exposure we're getting! ESPN! Hooray!

Comment

I decommit from independence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
                        Boise going Big East would be an even worse decision than BYU saying no to the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                          Boise going Big East would be an even worse decision than BYU saying no to the Big 12.
                          LOL. Boise would lose nothing.

Comment

Covey says that interdependence is greater than independence.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              I decommit from independence.
                              Sounds like someone is no longer fully invested...

Comment

Working...
                              X