Missouri, what do they offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri, what do they offer?

Because I'd be perplexed if anyone offers them....at least anyone better than the Big 12.

Just a list of what Missouri football has to offer:

- No national championships
    - No conference championship since teh 1960s (seriously, that's over 40 years without a conference championship ).
    - No BCS bowl games although they almost made it only to be outdone by Kansas .
    - Pro sports dominated TV markets
    - Being an AAU school is a plus
    - A 71,000 seat stadium that rarely gets filled. In fact, let's take a look at 2010 home attendance for Mizzou (2010 was a good year for them):

Illinois 58,060 (I think this was a neutral field)
    McNeese State 55,582
    SDSU 56,050
    Miami (OH) 60,329
    Colorado 62,965
    Oklahoma 71,004 (I imagine OU fans made up some of this and it was obviously a big game)
    Kansas State 63,310
    Kansas 55,788 (I believe this is a neutral site game but it was still not full and was located in a "market" that is considered part of the Missouri package?)

- No Heisman winner
    - No Maxwell award winner
    - No Doak Walker (RB) winner
    - No Ray Guy (punter/kicker) winner
    - No Davey O'brien (QB) winner
    - No Biletnikoff (WR) winner
    - No Outland (Lineman) winner
    - No Butkus (LB) winner
    - No Bednarik (Defense) winner
    - No Thorpe (DB) winner
    - They did have someone win the tight end award recently

So to recap, their fans don't fill their stadium, their players don't win awards, their teams don't win championships, and I'm not even sure if they have any real traditions (at least none have been listed on this board). Mizzou is not a bad team, they just aren't all that great. If the SEC is really the premier football conference you'd think they'd go after and be able to get someone of note.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I was just thinking this same thing. Mizzou brings nothing.

Add to that, they have almost as bad of a final-four-less streak as BYU does in hoops. They don't do anything and can't fill their stadium. I don't get it.

Comment

How about Adam Ondi Ahman? That has to count for something.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Yeah, but he never comes to the games.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Yeah, but he never comes to the games.
          It is a place, not a person. Also, it is a little known but true fact that Adam Ondi Ahman is an ideal topography for tailgating and such.

sigpic

Comment

It is a place, not a person. Also, it is a little known but true fact that Adam Ondi Ahman is an ideal topography for tailgating and such.
            Yeah, but who do you think lives there? And he's a little touchy about tailgating before the anointed time.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Bronco has to be drooling over the prospects of firesides at Spring Hill.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

False alarm. Adam Ondi ahman is too far from Columbia to be of any practical use for game day tailgating or parking.

sigpic

Comment

You guys are hilarious.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    You guys are hilarious.
                    What do you think they offer?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      What do you think they offer?
                      I don't give a shit what they offer. You guys are cracking me up though. Keep it up. This is good stuff.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        I don't give a shit what they offer. You guys are cracking me up though. Keep it up. This is good stuff.
                        Oh. The adam ondi ahman jokes are making you laugh. Got it.

Comment

False alarm. Adam Ondi ahman is too far from Columbia to be of any practical use for game day tailgating or parking.
                          I bet you could still fit in a church history tour or two for the roadie! :clap:

Comment

There's a restaurant on the river down south where they throw rolls at you.

Comment

I don't know the St. Louis media market which is the 3rd biggest media market in the Big 12 and one of the few attractive media markets in the Big 12.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X