• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah at Pitt

The game will be on ESPNU at 10am MST.

Any CUFfers going to this game?
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    The game will be on ESPNU at 10am MST.

Any CUFfers going to this game?
    I am going.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I was going to try and swing it. I haven't been back to Pittsburgh since my fellowship and was looking forward to a fun weekend. Unfortunately, I have a meeting in San Antonio that weekend and the early kickoff makes it impossible to even fly in for just the game.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

wow, that is an early start.

When is the Pitt game? Week after ASU?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

UD and I will be there.
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            wow, that is an early start.

When is the Pitt game? Week after ASU?
            Yep, October 15th
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I'm going. Got some good seats off stubhub a few weeks ago. I live in Philadelphia so this is the only game I'll be able to make this year.

Comment

I am going with my wife's uncle who is a pitt grad but he has had some health issues and might not make it. If so I will be attending solo at Heinz field.
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Cutty View Post
                  I'm going. Got some good seats off stubhub a few weeks ago. I live in Philadelphia so this is the only game I'll be able to make this year.
                  Where in Philly are you? I've made that drive a few times - not too bad, about 4 hours on the turnpike.

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    Where in Philly are you? I've made that drive a few times - not too bad, about 4 hours on the turnpike.
                    Roxborough. I've lived here for a little over a year and have never made the trip to Pittsburgh. 4 hours isn't bad. I was planning for 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutty View Post
                      Roxborough. I've lived here for a little over a year and have never made the trip to Pittsburgh. 4 hours isn't bad. I was planning for 5.
                      We lived just across the river, in Bala Cynwyd.

Travel time may depend on if Penn State is at home that weekend. During the time that we were in Philly, my cousin played football for Michigan. We went to Happy Valley when they came to play Penn St. Traffic was brutal for the last 30-45 miles on the turnpike, all the way into campus. Going home was no better. No wonder people show up on Thursday evening with their motorhomes and tailgate through Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Travelling back east and then playing at 10 a.m. MST is going to be tough. Wow.

I wonder if they'll be ready to go.

I'm predicting a very slow start. It's one thing to go back east and play a night game but to play a noon kick is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                          Travelling back east and then playing at 10 a.m. MST is going to be tough. Wow.

I wonder if they'll be ready to go.

I'm predicting a very slow start. It's one thing to go back east and play a night game but to play a noon kick is brutal.
                          One more way ESPN has BYU's back and is looking out for them.

Don't underestimate the power of having the Worldwide Leader in Sports in your (or your rivals) corner!

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                            One more way ESPN has BYU's back and is looking out for them.

Don't underestimate the power of having the Worldwide Leader in Sports in your (or your rivals) corner!
                            Yep, ESPN is pissed that Utah made the Worldwide Leader in Sports look like fools for signing BYU to a long term T.V. contract by what they did to them on 9-17-2011 on their network.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

10 a.m. really is a horrible start for western teams. I hope they fly out Thursday night night.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X