Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL BYU vs. San Jose State Thread

I'm firing up a new thread for the following reasons:

1) We don't need to continue a thread started by someone who has been banned 13 times.
    2) Like HFN, I'm not really convinced that SJSU is BYU's rival (yet--let's see how scheduling as an independent works out over time (or not)).
    3) That thread wasn't about BYU/SJSU anyway.

Gametime has been announced--8:15 Mountain Time (9:15 Central )
    TV viewing: ESPNU.

I thought when I looked at the schedule on ESPN earlier, it showed that the game would be on ESPN3 (streaming online), but it currently doesn't show that. I am in the midst of a media fast and don't have cable/DirecTV these days, so if it's not online, I'll need to figure out another way to watch it.

-For you Happy Valley-ites, does the late start deter you from going out to the LES?
    -Everyone else- do you know if this will stream online? How will you catch the game?
    -Can somebody tell me something about SJSU? All I know is that they're in the WAC.

Hopefully by the end of this game, Hypes, Doman, and the rest of BYU's offense will have found a groove. If they don't put a bunch of points on the board in this one, we may officially be doomed.

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post

1) We don't need to continue a thread started by someone who has been banned 13 times.
    2) Like HFN, I'm not really convinced that SJSU is BYU's rival (yet--let's see how scheduling as an independent works out over time (or not)).

I thought when I looked at the schedule on ESPN earlier, it showed that the game would be on ESPN3 (streaming online), but it currently doesn't show that. I am in the midst of a media fast and don't have cable/DirecTV these days, so if it's not online, I'll need to figure out another way to watch it.

-For you Happy Valley-ites, does the late start deter you from going out to the LES?
    -Everyone else- do you know if this will stream online? How will you catch the game?
    -Can somebody tell me something about SJSU? All I know is that they're in the WAC.

Hopefully by the end of this game, Hypes, Doman, and the rest of BYU's offense will have found a groove. If they don't put a bunch of points on the board in this one, we may officially be doomed.

I'll get back to this after we play Utah State on Friday.

Comment

That sucks!

Not just another late night start. One hour later than any other start, and in October.

From what I've seen, it will probably not be on ESPN3 if it is on ESPNU. They are trying to get distribution of ESPNU.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post

Yet there are still people who think Indy is going to be great.

Comment

I remember a game between SJSU and BSU a few years ago that started early in the morning. Like at 9:00 a.m. or something.

Comment

I'll be there, but I will probably take my 15 year old instead of my 8 year old. I had her slotted in for this game thinking it was going to be a daytime start.
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

San Jose got their second win of the season over Colo State in Fort Collins. Their qb's stat line didn't look too bad, 25-38 w/ 2 td's and 1 pick. They also had 137 yards rushing.

Comment

I'm not worried about this game. Riley Nelson is the answer.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is this game even worthy of a thread?
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

San Jose is in a great media market.

Comment

So does Bronco name a starter for this game tomorrow or wait until game time? I hope he names a starter tomorrow and I hope its RN. If he is going to get the eventual start for the game stand behind him and give him all the reps for the week. I don't care that he might be one dimensional and the opposing team can plan for him. Its time to see if he is up to it... albeit against weak competition.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                        So does Bronco name a starter for this game tomorrow or wait until game time? I hope he names a starter tomorrow and I hope its RN. If he is going to get the eventual start for the game stand behind him and give him all the reps for the week. I don't care that he might be one dimensional and the opposing team can plan for him. Its time to see if he is up to it... albeit against weak competition.
                        I'm not sure what they will do. Against this opponent I see no reason not to name a starter. If they are going to start Riley then naming him now may put people in the seats. No matter what folks think of him the curiosity of seeing how he plays adds some spice to the game and people will want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                          San Jose is in a great media market.
                          thank you Whitney64!
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

BYU opens -11.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              I'm not sure what they will do. Against this opponent I see no reason not to name a starter. If they are going to start Riley then naming him now may put people in the seats. No matter what folks think of him the curiosity of seeing how he plays adds some spice to the game and people will want to be there.
                              I am sympathetic to those who say Nelson deserves this start. I guess though I am still in hopes Heaps is the future. If Nelson was going up against a good team, I might be excited to attend this game. As it stands now my three boys have turned down the tickets. My daughter is my last hope because she and her husband no nothing about the QB's and the competition. If she fails me I may be donating these tickets to get a tax write off.

Comment

Working...
                              X