Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Cecil

Dear Cecil,

Well, you should know I'm a full bore apostate. I don't believe 90% of what you do.

But I love BYU athletics. And I grew up in the heart of SWC, now B12, country.

I know the power of football in that part of the country. Unless you're from there, it's nearly impossible to know. But it's EVERYTHING. Enough to make a Mormon look a lot more "normal" than anything else that can be done. Believe me, I lived it for most of my childhood and all of my adolescence.

BYU in the Big 12 over the next 5 years alone would do more for your church than anything the collective efforts of all missionaries have done over the past twenty years combined.

Go get 'em.

V

Dear Cecil:

Don't cave to the pressure. Hold to your convictions. Despite what Viking says, he's already lost. His kids (and money) will never come to BYU. Make your namesake and firstborn proud and stay independent. You can do it!!!

Best

hostile

"You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Hey guys, just keep in mind Cecil doesn't actually have any more power to make these decisions than Tom Holmoe does.

It's up to the Board of Trustees. You should probably retitle this thread "Dear Tom Monson."

Comment

Originally posted by shoganai View Post
        Hey guys, just keep in mind Cecil doesn't actually have any more power to make these decisions than Tom Holmoe does.

It's up to the Board of Trustees. You should probably retitle this thread "Dear Tom Monson."
        and that is what worries me. the BOT doesnt spend much time studying why BCS would be good for byu.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          and that is what worries me. the BOT doesnt spend much time studying why BCS would be good for byu.
          I don't think that's the issue at all. There are pretty smart, well-informed, experienced and successful guys on the BOT. To say they know less than a bunch of sedentary, middle-aged message board junkies is pretty bold and probably inaccurate in the extreme. The real problem is, they happen to have a completely different agenda than most fans.

Comment

Originally posted by shoganai View Post

He reads CUF too? Hopefully Triplet Daddy gets quoted in the next General Conference.
            What I win, I keep. What you win, I keep.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
              Dear Cecil,

Well, you should know I'm a full bore apostate. I don't believe 90% of what you do.

But I love BYU athletics. And I grew up in the heart of SWC, now B12, country.

I know the power of football in that part of the country. Unless you're from there, it's nearly impossible to know. But it's EVERYTHING. Enough to make a Mormon look a lot more "normal" than anything else that can be done. Believe me, I lived it for most of my childhood and all of my adolescence.

BYU in the Big 12 over the next 5 years alone would do more for your church than anything the collective efforts of all missionaries have done over the past twenty years combined.Go get 'em.

V
              lol spoken like a true apostate. I say no thanks to a church whose chief attraction is a football team.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by mr_thekid View Post
                He reads CUF too? Hopefully Triplet Daddy gets quoted in the next General Conference.
                I have been referenced by PK and GoMo on the air and I have reason to believe that GoMo copied some of my stuff for his article.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Dear Mr. President:

I hope you don't mind me calling you mister.

It seems that while my feet where tenuously walking upon heathen grounds that my powers were indeed weakened and the board of trustees must have felt the stupor in their minds tonight. Just to be clear, my feet have been washed and I now am back to full good vibe level. I highly recommend the board of trustees inquire again. Don't worry, the Book of Mormon has been published already and there is no manuscript to lose.

Ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened up unto you. I can help you raise your wrist, but only you can wrap the door of DeLoss.

Sincerely,

Doctor Coug

P.s., that dude DeLoss is totally itching to join the church. With a name like that, he must have had parents raised in Happy Valley and just needs some encouraging.
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Hey Cecil,

Can you just STOP talking til this is finally over. All it does is feed the far "Left" Indy proponents, and angers the far "Right" Big 12 proponents.. If you keep this up, the BYU fans as a collective may hold a grudge longer than you think (even after we get in)..

So, Please... Stop pulling our dicks....

Sincerely,
                    Cougarnation...

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      lol spoken like a true apostate. I say no thanks to a church whose chief attraction is a football team.
                      I say no to a religion whose chief tenet is kindness and its chief spokesman is an internet troll.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Dear Cecil,

Your years of suffering are finally about to pay off, your mission is almost complete. When you put an end to all this rampant speculation and announce that BYU will honor its commitment to the WCC and stay the course of independence, try to refrain from something like this

Sincerely,
                        Your Sympathetic Ute Brothers and Sisters
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Dear Cecil,

Thank you for being a good guy.

V

Comment

Working...
                          X