Stop Blaming Heaps, Doman Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Blaming Heaps, Doman Sucks!

I don't know if Doman will grow into an offensive coordinator. It took Anae a while to grow into an OC. The problem is Doman doesn't have the experience than Anae had coming in so it could take him much longer to figure it out. Doman was a bad promotion and a bad hire. He better figure the game out fast. He apparently can't run the ball. I would say that's 75% of his problem.

While blaming coaches, I'm throwing Dupaix into the mix as part of the problem. We had the same line and the same backs last year. The OC is different and the RB coach is different and all of the sudden we can't run. DiLuigi was a 900+ yard rusher last year. Quezada looked like he had potential. Now they all dance around behind the line and generally suck. If I throw Doman under the bus and 75% of his problem is the inability to run the ball, then I'm throwing Dupaix under the bus as well.

If Doman and Dupaix are to blame I'm also blaming Bronco. He is the one who went out and got himself a young, untested OC with only a few years coaching experience because he was energetic. He is the one who went and got a RB coach from a service academy because he was good at text messaging. He had some of the right people on the bus but then he threw one of them want and moved a guy to the wrong seat while boarding one of the wrong people for another seat. Can he fix it? I don't know.

DuPaix is an interesting angle and one who don't speak a lot about. You may have just hit the nail on the head.

On the flip side I don't see Doman shouldering as much blame for yesterday as the Texas game, at least as on OC. From a QB coach standpoint things aren't looking good. Maybe BYU needs to relieve some pressure on Doman and hire a dedicated QB coach.

Comment

We should continue doing what we are currently doing. Even though it isn't working, we will be rewarded and it will eventually start to pay off. Lets stick with it and establish it.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        We should continue doing what we are currently doing. Even though it isn't working, we will be rewarded and it will eventually start to pay off. Lets stick with it and establish it.
        we all know the answers, we just have to go over it.

I agree w/ Kdog, but I think Doman's biggest problem is that he's on the sideline, not in the booth.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Gotta say I disagree w this premise. Doman is working w basically the same tools as Anae was last year, and old Robert sure looked horrible most of the year. Especially in the red zone. Utah State comes to mind.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Gotta say I disagree w this premise. Doman is working w basically the same tools as Anae was last year, and old Robert sure looked horrible most of the year. Especially in the red zone. Utah State comes to mind.
            He could run the ball though.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
              but I think Doman's biggest problem is that he's on the sideline, not in the booth.
              The perspective on the sideline is clouded by emotion.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think part of the problem is that we've played two road games against second and b12 teams and a game against our rival that has a great d-line and is consistently stout against the run. Our run game has undoubtedly been terrible, but even with some of our good teams we have never had much success running the ball under these circumstances. People seem to forget that.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

That should say sec, not second. Damn auto correct.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    I think part of the problem is that we've played two road games against second and b12 teams and a game against our rival that has a great d-line and is consistently stout against the run. Our run game has undoubtedly been terrible, but even with some of our good teams we have never had much success running the ball under these circumstances. People seem to forget that.
                    I agree. Playing a couple preseason patsies may have got our run game in gear. Just another reason why being independent is starting to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      we all know the answers, we just have to go over it.

I agree w/ Kdog, but I think Doman's biggest problem is that he's on the sideline, not in the booth.
                      I wish Bronco would push him up-freaking-stairs! How on earth do you read a defense properly from the sideline?
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                        I wish Bronco would push him up-freaking-stairs! How on earth do you read a defense properly from the sideline?
                        you don't, and I think we've seen that. Bronco needs to take hold of the reins and say "Brandon, get up to the booth and play your part."
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                          Wasn't Anae on the sideline, at least at first?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Wasn't Anae on the sideline, at least at first?
                            Yes until 2009 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                            X