BYU's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU's Future

I am the first to admit I am in melt down mode. But hear me out here.

BYU is a program that is being left behind. The independence thing is an act of desperation. We don't really have anything to play for anymore except for exposure for the Church. And if that is the only thing we can play for, well then I say Amen to the potential of this team and this school's athletic department.

Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that, long-term, things can get demonstrably better for this team and school. The athletic department should be scuttled a la Ricks. It's not really doing anything now, and it is only gonna get worse.

We will continue to field athletes that can beat Idaho State, but not much else. We might eek out a win against an SEC cellar dweller every now and then. For me, the suffering is not worth it.

Good bye to the university I onced loved and have since lost. Thanks for a good B-school education.

You're wrong.

Edit: you're right
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I'm here to help. That much should be clear.

Comment

I'll miss you people's meltdowns most of all.
        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
        And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
          Are you leaving for Valinor?
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
            At least I'm getting it out of the way earlier than most people. I'm gonna watch this game to the bitter end. It will be my last game. I figure it is the least I can do for the university that has put me through so much good and so much hell.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Are you leaving for Valinor?
              You folks left, not me.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Come with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                  Come with me.
                  With the Pokes @ 3-0 and the Cornhuskers coming to Laramie next week? I think I'll hang out for a bit.

Tomorrow is Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                    Come with me.
                    I'm with you! Just a sec.. my toe doesn't quiite reach this trigger....
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      I'm with you! Just a sec.. my toe doesn't quiite reach this trigger....
                      Wait. Stop. You are not killing your whole self. Just the part of you that is a BYU fan.

Comment

I can tune out the football team. I tuned out by the end of 03 and became interested again at the end of 2006. I fully realize this makes me a fair weather fan but I have a limited amount of time, emotion and attention.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          I can tune out the football team. I tuned out by the end of 03 and became interested again at the end of 2006. I fully realize this makes me a fair weather fan but I have a limited amount of time, emotion and attention.
                          You'll get no flak from me for being fair weather. How much sense does it make to keep throwing emotional capital at something that results in misery and pain? I would probably be able to shake this off if it were last year, but the independence and the reliance on ESPN make it really difficult to think we are trending any where other than precipitously downward.

Comment

Hard to believe that a program with such a proud tradition, successful history, and large, loyal fan base could become nothing but a dinosaur.

But, with the rising sun promising to bring nothing but super conference armageddon, and our beloved team having one of its worst performances in its 89-year history, it's a lot easier to believe we're on that road than it was just a few weeks ago...

You really have to wonder what the future holds, as the traditional world of college football seems ready to crumble around us - never mind what happened to our team tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by shoganai View Post
                              Hard to believe that a program with such a proud tradition, successful history, and large, loyal fan base could become nothing but a dinosaur.

But, with the rising sun promising to bring nothing but super conference armageddon, and our beloved team having one of its worst performances in its 89-year history, it's a lot easier to believe we're on that road than it was just a few weeks ago...

You really have to wonder what the future holds, as the traditional world of college football seems ready to crumble around us - never mind what happened to our team tonight.
                              I know I just slammed Colly Wolly in another thread about jumping to conclusions but in the last 5 minutes I've finally let the meltdown happen. I'm scared shitless about the repercussions of conference realignment and the recruiting consequences as a result of this game. If the Big-12 implodes, I don't see how BYU can compete. I wish I could just sit back and say "we are young and we'll get better" or "get in some knew coaches and a couple of good years of recruiting and we'll be able to rise up again." But BYU is on the outside looking in and the time for success is now.

Comment

Working...
                              X