The Big East is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big East is dead

I feel bad for TCU, but I'm sure they'll land somewhere. So much for Pity coming to the Big 12.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Maybe, just maybe OU comes to it's senses and stays in the Big 12 and they can now invite TCU along with BYU. Add in maybe Louisville and it's still a decent football and very good basketball conference.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

If the Big East implodes and Big 12 sticks becoming a super conference the PAC is going to regret not jumping on BYU. Out west they will be left with choices like SDSU, FSU, UNR, UNLV, and BSU. We all know what academic powerhouses those schools are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        If the Big East implodes and Big 12 sticks becoming a super conference the PAC is going to regret not jumping on BYU. Out west they will be left with choices like SDSU, FSU, UNR, UNLV, and BSU. We all know what academic powerhouses those schools are.
        If the BIG 12 doesn't snatch up some of these teams in the Big East, you know their time of implosion is close at hand. This next week will be interesting. I would love to see BYU and TCU back together in the BIG 12.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

That would be great to get TCU back.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Wow. I just don't know what to say anymore.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              That would be great to get TCU back.
              I used to hate the visor. Still don't like him much, but I softened my stance towards Patterson after reading the spread on him in SI by S.L. Price. That dude deserves every dollar he earns at TCU.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I guess I dont care that much about TCU. They offer nothing beyond football and for BYU fans that slagged on the PAC taking Utah and Colorado, why would BYU and TCU be better?

B12 expansion for survival needs marquee existing BCS teams, not mid major castaways. It also needs to expand its footprint. Adding TCU adds nothing in the State of Texas. At least adding BYU adds a new market for the B12.

You don't see the SEC, the B10 or the ACC looking at leftovers for expansion. And they are expanding sategically in a geographic sense, as well.

It would be great if the B12 could land West Viriginia. Something along those lines. but now it is pretty clear that West Virginia is probably going to the SEC with aTm.

It is also clear that Texas and Oklahoma are incompetent as conference leaders.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I guess I dont care that much about TCU. They offer nothing beyond football and for BYU fans that slagged on the PAC taking Utah and Colorado, why would BYU and TCU be better?

B12 expansion for survival needs marquee existing BCS teams, not mid major castaways. It also needs to expand its footprint. Adding TCU adds nothing in the State of Texas. At least adding BYU adds a new market for the B12.

You don't see the SEC, the B10 or the ACC looking at leftovers for expansion. And they are expanding sategically in a geographic sense, as well.

It would be great if the B12 could land West Viriginia. Something along those lines. but now it is pretty clear that West Virginia is probably going to the SEC with aTm.

Yep, they are incompetent.

The Big 12 can't add anyone of significance because of the instability. They are left with Big East leftovers or pilfering the MWC.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    No kidding. What in the world have they accomplished with this little game? Extremely myopic.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      What in the world have they accomplished with this little game?
                      this is literally the multi million dollar question. And I have zero idea how to answer. If you or anyone else figure it out, let me know please.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Texas has screwed itself they are going to be looking to join a conference and have WAY less leverage with the LHN than they did even yesterday.

Now that it looks like the superconference ball might be rolling before Texas even acts and they won't get to be as choosy with where they go and the concessions they get.

Comment

The good thing about this is that it looks like the Big East is even less stable than the Big 12, so the Quorum of the Nine can probably get some of the Big East teams and get back to 12+.

The bad thing: Pitt was allegedly one of the targets. There are some decent programs in the Big East, but the 12 doesn't just want the leftovers.

Hopefully the 12 can get BYU, WV, and someone else decent. TCU gets a 'meh' from me. Great program, but I was glad to have them in BYU's conference because of the Texas presence. Obviously, if BYU is in the Big 12, they don't need TCU to get into this state.

Comment

Reports out there saying Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC will announced tomorrow.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              the PAC is going to regret not jumping on BYU.
                              lol
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X