eom and pwned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eom and pwned

Edumucate an idiot and tell me what these mean and why they're so funny.

I honestly have no idea what eom means.

End of Message

eom

Comment

pwned is owned with a p. It has evolved into meaning that whoever was pwned was completely dominated in a way that exceeds being merely owned. The word is popular in online gaming circles and message boards.

Some people believe it evolved from a creekster or flystripper attempt at typing owned but the origins are not clear.

Some examples:

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Can I help it if they stupidly put the p and o next to each other on the keyboard?
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Ah okay thanks.

I knew that pwned was owned...but wasn't sure if there was another meaning or some other funny reason....thanks.

I had no idea that Creekster or Flystripper were responsible for a rising word in pop culture.

You guys rule.

Comment

eom isnt supposed to be funny. End Of Message.

Often used simply because you need to put something in the body of the text.

Are you mixing that up with QED? QED will be used when two people are arguing back and forth and one person feels that he or she has ended and won the argument. Kind of like saying "checkmate," "here endeth the lesson," or "I hate you and want you to die."

qed is latin for quod erat demonstrandum, meaning roughly, "dude, I just demonstrated my point and you are pwned"
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X