Notre Dame: wake up the echoes cheering her name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame: wake up the echoes cheering her name

Really interesting article on the current state of things under the Golden Dome. In fact, I would venture that it is one of the most interesting articles about the Domers that I have read in a long time.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-future-090811

There are some cutting comments on the record about prior Irish figures such as Ty and Weis.

Also, did anyone know that Joe Theismann's last name was originally pronounced "Teesman?" The folks at ND told him that it would henceforth be pronounced to rhyme with "Heisman," and Joe agreed. He has kept the pronunciation ever since.

“My perspective is this,’’ said Gerry DiNardo. “When Charlie Weis went on that national TV show — I don’t know if it was '60 Minutes' or whatever — he wore his Super Bowl rings. And whoever was interviewing him made a big deal about those rings.

“It was a significant step back for Notre Dame. Any ring that is more important than a graduation ring at Notre Dame . . . if you’re not more proud of a Notre Dame graduation ring than a Super Bowl ring and coaching in college, I got a problem with that.’’

“You don’t have to have the most draft picks,’’ he said. “You’ve got to have some. But if you’re selling the NFL in homes, my guess is you’re at the wrong job. The ultimate experience is walking across the graduation stage with a national championship ring.’’
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Really cool read. I have thoroughly enjoyed my two trips to South Bend, it is a great place to watch a football game. However, the reality is none of their players were born the last time ND was relevant. If only they had a strong modern day tradition like the CU Buffaloes....

Comment

"They could be eight-star, nine-star players, whatever is the highest star. If they fit that mentality, we won't recruit those guys. We're starting by recruiting guys that want to be at Notre Dame, get their degree, play for Notre Dame.’’
      Bronco is a trend setter.

Now Kelly needs to gather his team at the stadium to lay on the grass.
      Last edited by kccougar; 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        Bronco is a trend setter.
        I actually think Bronco could do very well there.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Also, did anyone know that Joe Theismann's last name was originally pronounced "Teesman?" The folks at ND told him that it would henceforth be pronounced to rhyme with "Heisman," and Joe agreed. He has kept the pronunciation ever since.
          Is this some of your famous wit I hear about? Is there anyone that follows football that doesn't know that?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Is this some of your famous wit I hear about? Is there anyone that follows football that doesn't know that?
            I see you are still upset. This must be the "lashing out" phase.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X