James Wilder Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Wilder Jr.

This kid is currently at Florida st. I was perusing his highlight video today and honestly it might be the most impressive I have ever seen for a power back. Specifically check out the run at the 3 minute mark.

[YOUTUBE]Qepm9LRX5B4[/YOUTUBE]
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    This kid is currently at Florida st. I was perusing his highlight video today and honestly it might be the most impressive I have ever seen for a power back. Specifically check out the run at the 3 minute mark.

[YOUTUBE]Qepm9LRX5B4[/YOUTUBE]
    This kid's dad was a helluva running back.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      This kid's dad was a helluva running back.
      Correct. James Wilder SR was a beast. Back in 1978 in Memorial Stadium, I watched him run over the vaunted Black Shirt Nebraska defense and lead Missouri to an upset over Nebraska (ruining the Husker's shot at playing for a national championship). Here is a you tube clip of Wilder Sr literally throwing a Nebraska LB out of the way with one arm on his way across the goal line.
      [YOUTUBE]yzMil-f8MpE[/YOUTUBE]
      Last edited by Paperback Writer; 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Wilder still holds the single-season NFL record for touches (carries + receptions) with 492 -- 407 carries, 85 receptions. That's 35 more than the second-place back, Larry Johnson. It's probably one of the safest records the NFL has.

Comment

James Wilder Jr. has been arrested. Seems he took exception with police when they arrested his girlfriend.
          http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6371216.story
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
            James Wilder Jr. has been arrested. Seems he took exception with police when they arrested his girlfriend.
            http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6371216.story
            I'd bet the kid didn't do anything wrong. Peace officers tend to take everything the wrong way and I have had several interactions where they lied in their version of events.

Comment

Originally posted by TTCoug View Post
              I'd bet the kid didn't do anything wrong violent. Peace officers tend to take everything the wrong way and I have had several interactions where they lied in their version of events.
              Made a minor correction. I agree he probably didn't do anything that warranted him being arrested. The proper conduct is to just let the officiers do their job and ask where/how to bail your friend out. It doesn't look to be a serious offense...and it's FSU. Wilder will be playing this fall.

Comment

This kid is a BEAST.. Here is a photo of him from HS. Just think what a lifting schedule on the college level will do for his speed. But by the way he is built. It looks like dad has a pretty good lifting schedule already in place...

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  This kid is a BEAST.. Here is a photo of him from HS. Just think what a lifting schedule on the college level will do for his speed. But by the way he is built. It looks like dad has a pretty good lifting schedule already in place...

I know this will piss some of you off, but what are the chances that all that muscle is natural?

I realize that some people are just physical freaks of nature, but it definitely raises a red flag when I see a kid who looks like that and whose dad played in the NFL during a time of rampant steroid use.
                  Last edited by Green Monstah; 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I know this will piss some of you off, but what are the chances that all that muscle is natural?
                    Probably really low.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

I realize that some people are just physical freaks of nature, but it definitely raises a red flag when I see a kid who looks like that and whose dad played in the NFL during a time of rampant steroid use.
                      I'm no expert, but a former client of mine who owned a large number of gyms before he passed away very young (had a bad heart from years of steroid abuse) told me once that body fat is the key to being able to tell. He said that lots of guys can really bulk up without the roids, but getting huge with almost no body fat is the give away. Not sure if he knew what he was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X