Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Quarterback playing in the state of Utah had the best opening game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Quarterback playing in the state of Utah had the best opening game?

Keeton from USU?
    Jordan Wynn from Utah?
    Jake Heaps from BYU?
    Keeton
    78.72%
    Wynn
    2.13%
    Heaps
    19.15%

The poll is expired.

*Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Keeton from USU?
    Jordan Wynn from Utah?
    Jake Heaps from BYU?
    Probably Keeton, but it doesn't mean much without a W.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I can't see Wynn getting a single vote here. Keeton is going to win by about a 75-25% margin over Heaps. I would add that the results are likely to be skewed by pregame expectations.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Who voted for Heaps? His offense didn't even outscore the Ole Miss defense. Lol.
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          I can't see Wynn getting a single vote here. Keeton is going to win by about a 75-25% margin over Heaps. I would add that the results are likely to be skewed by pregame expectations.
          I am curious because Keeton had the lowest pass efficiency of the 3 QBs and his team was the only one to lose.
          *Banned*

Comment

I am curious because Keeton had the lowest pass efficiency of the 3 QBs and his team was the only one to lose.
            Which is why I think the results are about pregame expectations. Utah fans had higher pregame expectations for Wynn, as did BYU fans with Heaps. No one knew who Keeton was prior to yesterday. USU played by far the best of the three opponents and looked more impressive in a loss.

To your first point, PE ignores Keeton's contributions in the running game. I don't have his full stats, I just know he got into the endzone twice with his feet and one of those runs was all guts.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Which is why I think the results are about pregame expectations. Utah fans had higher pregame expectations for Wynn, as did BYU fans with Heaps. No one knew who Keeton was prior to yesterday. USU played by far the best of the three opponents and looked more impressive in a loss.

To your first point, PE ignores Keeton's contributions in the running game. I don't have his full stats, I just know he got into the endzone twice with his feet and one of those runs was all guts.
              I agree with you. They played the best opponent on the road in a hostile environment. He does a lot with his feet but their passing game was nothing but shorts screens and quick slants. Of the 220 he threw for I am guessing 150 was from YAC.

But I think he was the best as well this weekend considering the circumstances.
              *Banned*

Comment

Keeton's rating was 129.6, Heaps was 116.2. I think that is higher, but maybe I'm like Brian and don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I guess Keeton should have recovered that onside kick and kept Auburn from getting 2 TDs in the last couple of minutes. Maybe he'll learn from this and won't let it happen next time.
                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                  Keeton's rating was 129.6, Heaps was 116.2. I think that is higher, but maybe I'm like Brian and don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I guess Keeton should have recovered that onside kick and kept Auburn from getting 2 TDs in the last couple of minutes. Maybe he'll learn from this and won't let it happen next time.
                  Hey, did you see that fumble that Heaps caused and then recovered in the endzone? It was awesome.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I agree with you. They played the best opponent on the road in a hostile environment. He does a lot with his feet but their passing game was nothing but shorts screens and quick slants. Of the 220 he threw for I am guessing 150 was from YAC.

Which amazed me at how Auburn couldn't stop it. All they did was that throw to the sideline all game.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

I can sense the pitch in your virtual voice rising with each successive post.

Comment

Didn't Heaps have a throw with 90-something YAC?

Comment

Didn't Heaps have a throw with 90-something YAC?
                          I didn't see any 90 yard plays, much less a play with 90 YACs, so as far as I know, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                            I can sense the pitch in your virtual voice rising with each successive post.
                            I'm almost laughing, I've missed antagonizing junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Hey, did you see that fumble that Heaps caused and then recovered in the endzone? It was awesome.
                              Heaps can score without even taking the field. Beat that, Wynn.

Comment

Working...
                              X