X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin roll call

Attendance roll

* Art Vandelay and brother

Don't we already have a thread for this?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Attendance roll

* Art Vandelay and brother
      Rise and Shout, me and my clan are...in?

:texas:
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Don't we already have a thread for this?
        I was looking through the other thread and couldn't figure out who was going to be there and who wasn't. I'm fine moving this to the other thread. I'm just curious who is going and want a nice organized list (i would think the engineer in you would approve of such things) to see who to look for, and who to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I was looking through the other thread and couldn't figure out who was going to be there and who wasn't. I'm fine moving this to the other thread. I'm just curious who is going and want a nice organized list (i would think the engineer in you would approve of such things) to see who to look for, and who to avoid.
          Knock yourself out.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Section 5 - between 40 & 50 yardline. Row 12! WooHoo!

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
              Section 5 - between 40 & 50 yardline. Row 12! WooHoo!
              That's right. You never did update us on whether you could come up with the face value on those tix.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                That's right. You never did update us on whether you could come up with the face value on those tix.
                $85!

Comment

MJ and I will be there. We might need oxygen tanks given the altitude of our seats but I can assure you Gilbert will be able to hear me loud and clear.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

$85!
                    Yes. I know.

Comment

Yes. I know.
                      I thought it would be a lot more. I was thinking at least a couple hundred bucks...

Comment

I thought it would be a lot more. I was thinking at least a couple hundred bucks...
                        Oklahoma and Texas both charge the same price for any seat in their respective stadiums. They just charge thousands of dollars a year for the privilege of buying in certain sections. So in the end the face value of the nosebleed is the same as the face value of the fifty-yard-line.

Comment

Oklahoma and Texas both charge the same price for any seat in their respective stadiums. They just charge thousands of dollars a year for the privilege of buying in certain sections. So in the end the face value of the nosebleed is the same as the face value of the fifty-yard-line.

These are coming from a UT business partner - they do the turf for all UT facilities, and the owner has been a big UT booster for decades (he supposedly was critical in getting Earl Campbell to sign with UT back in the days before there really was such a thing as a recruting violation). My nephew's wife works for his company and has had 'dibs' on their block of tickets for the UT-BYU game since the game was announced. She got all their seats. My nephew says he's really not sure if we have to actually pay for them or not. I told him I'd give him the cash and let him figure it out...

Comment

Working...
                          X