"Dear Tom Holmoe" - the thread for saying stuff to Tom Holmoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dear Tom Holmoe" - the thread for saying stuff to Tom Holmoe

Now that we know TH checks in here and having noticed a number of messages to him were cropping up in other threads I thought "this is absurd - how is he supposed to find these?"

Here's the solution: A thread that Tom checks once a day (Tom, I suggest you check this in the morning after you've read your scriptures) - he gets some bargain advice from high-priced counselors like PAC, SU and LA Ute, the fan apparel recommendations / peerless sleuthing skills of DDD, the latest Radiohead bootlegs from MG, the Texas perspective from Babs and everything he needs to know to get cut and swollen from Pelagius.

My own thing to say to Tom Holmoe for now is just this: Tom - do you remember that time you had that pick-6 at Georgia and we only lost by 3 pts because Steve threw 5 INTs? That was awesome. The pick 6, not the losing. You don't have to respond, and I'll understand if you don't.
    Last edited by oxcoug; 08-31-2011, 06:44 PM.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Dear Tom,

Don't muff it.

Comment

God help me, if one of you Utes comes in here and starts posting crap, I will not show mercy.

(Hi Tom!)
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I just sent Tom the link to this thread and invited him to sign up and subscribe to it so he could receive automatic updates whenever we post in it. I also explained the advantages of having a direct line to the educated fan base that CUF. Still waiting for a reply, but confident he'll heed my advice.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Tom. Buddy. Listen to me. I recognize that sometimes you just have to do what you are told (believe me I do), but you are staring into the abyss on this one. Don't muff it. If we pass up a ticket to the BIG TIME and say no for some crazy reason, things most definitely will get ugly with the fans. Ugly beyond your worst nightmare. You don't want this to be your legacy. Seize the moment, amigo. Don't let us down.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            God help me, if one of you Utes comes in here and starts posting crap, I will not show mercy.

(Hi Tom!)
            Hmmm, okay LA and DU, the Dude has spoken, so forget what I said over there. Maybe you could start your own thread for the inane blather that you want BYU Athletic Director Tom Holmoe to read.

You could title it, "Dear Tom Holmoe, we're Ute Fans and we have some inane blather in here for you to read."
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Tom. Buddy. Listen to me. I recognize that sometimes you just have to do what you are told (believe me I do), but you are staring into the abyss on this one. Don't muff it. If we pass up a ticket to the BIG TIME and say no for some crazy reason, things most definitely will get ugly with the fans. Ugly beyond your worst nightmare. You don't want this to be your legacy. Seize the moment, amigo. Don't let us down.

Listen to The Dude, Tom. He's never steered us wrong.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

If BYUdeepthrowt really is an employee within your department, fire him. Also, Holmoe. Homoe. Homo. hehehehehe.

Comment

Tom, sucks we had to stay independent. I hope a stable or new league comes along that gives us a chance.

Have a bitchin' summer!

Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Listen to The Dude, Tom. He's never steered us wrong.
                    OK, The Dude plagiarizes me and you give him credit. Foul! Unfair!

Tommy, listen to the Dude. Think: Val.

Comment

Dear Tom,

Thank you for being a friend.

TripletDaddy
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Tom, sucks we had to stay independent. I hope a stable or new league comes along that gives us a chance.

Have a bitchin' summer!

Coach.

Tom - is Coach trying to tell us he knows something in this note? Or is it just a bit of gallows humor?

Thanks,

Ox.
                        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                          Tom - is Coach trying to tell us he knows something in this note? Or is it just a bit of gallows humor?

Thanks,

Ox.

I'll let Tom answer.

Comment

And Tom, don't worry about my season tickets now. We can take care of that later.

Comment

Dear Tom,

If you had your druthers, BYU would be in the Big 12. Unfortunately, you were deep-sixed by Sam Donaldson's hair's stunt double.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                              X