Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football: Blueprint for Change

Did anyone watch this over the weekend?

It showed a few times on ESPNU, and was pretty interesting. The panel was moderated by Reese Davis and had from ESPN: Urban Meyer, Kirk Herbstreet, Mark May, Jay Bilas, Rod Gilmore, Robert Smith, and Mike Bellotti. It also had The Tennessee AD (her name escapes me). Bob Stoops and Nick Saban.

They talked about a wide range of topics from paying players to allowing players to have agents etc...

The one thing I was mildly surprised at was that they were in favor of a plus one format for the BCS bowls, but not a playoff...and that the plus one would only be in play if there were more than two undefeated teams (BCS teams I presume). So that was a little surprising.

Anyone else watch?
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I didn't watch. I was a little leery of it when most everyone was from the ESPN staff.

If they all said they wanted a plus one but only if there were two undefeated teams, then I am guessing that is what ESPN wants and told them to say.

Rece Davis bugs the ever living hell out of me. Is it just me? He seems like a Grade A douche canoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      I didn't watch. I was a little leery of it when most everyone was from the ESPN staff.

If they all said they wanted a plus one but only if there were two undefeated teams, then I am guessing that is what ESPN wants and told them to say.

Rece Davis bugs the ever living hell out of me. Is it just me? He seems like a Grade A douche canoe.
      He doesn't bug me too much...although I suspect he was on there because Chris Fowler was busy.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I caught part of it. Bilas was the only one who seemed to advocate for a playoff. He said he doesn't buy the diminishing of the regular season argument. Robert Smith jumped all over that but never articulated why mostly just calling Bilas crazy that he doesn't think so.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I caught part of it. Bilas was the only one who seemed to advocate for a playoff. He said he doesn't buy the diminishing of the regular season argument. Robert Smith jumped all over that but never articulated why mostly just calling Bilas crazy that he doesn't think so.
          Smith was an idiot. "We need to pay them, they need to be represented by agents..." Yeah robbie, that'll solve it.

Comment

If a plus one format doesn't mean a mini 4 team playoff than the plus one game would end up being irrelevant most years. 1 should play 4, 2 plays 3 and then a plus one.

Comment

Working...
            X