Greetings from MSU bulldog fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from MSU bulldog fan

Please, I mean no disrespect. One question - Your first game against "Ole Miss" or TSUN (that school up north) that we like to call them - Are the officials
    BYU, SEC, Mix? Does anyone on the board know. And good luck against the 'bears' or what ever they call themselves now. I figure BYU by 10.

The only thing we will be sure of is that they will be anti-Mormon.

Comment

I for one am upset that your Coach Mullen wasn't able to come up with $180,000 to keep Cam from Auburn.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Money for Cam

We had the money my Cougar friend. We just raised about $40,000,000 for the athletic dept. that DOES NOT include, SEC conference money or ESPN tv money - However, the lawyer vomiting school up north "Ole Miss" controls the state legislature, press and commercial economy of this state. They hired Private Investigators to follow our player with video cameras in the Jackie Sherrill era until they could politically bribe the NCAA to put us on probation. We have become quite content with 2 and 3 star athletes that Mullen can coach up. We don't play on a level field down here. We have to obey the rules TSUN does not and they still can't beat us. What a rush to play fair and still win.

Comment

Well then I really hope BYU crushes Ole Miss!

Do they really not let you bring the cow bells to SEC games?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

We can have them at home games only ...

we are limited at what times during the game that we can ring them - after td etc. not while opposing team has ball etc.

However, when we go to ALA or Tenn and LSwho they can turn up their Mississippi made Pevy amps and speakers to the max. during the entire game.

O, if the officials think we rang them at the wrong time we are assessed a financial penalty - I think it was $40,000 last year - The haves and the have nots in this magnificent SEC

Comment

Back in 2001 I drove up to Starksville to watch our cougars take on your bulldogs. MSU had whipped us the previous year in Provo so we had some unfinished business. It was a great 4th quarter come back for us but we lost our star RB, Luke Staley.

I also recall having some of the best catfish in my life at a place that wasn't much to look at. I don't recall the name but wished we had a place like that back here in Texas.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes I was at that game also - good game

Ya'll teams never give up and play with grit and honor. However, the officiating was somewhat jaded in my bulldog view. Actually that's why I asked the question earlier about the "Ole Miss" game. Hope ya'll bring your own officials to Oxford and dominate the rebel 'bears'.

Comment

Originally posted by b1msudog View Post
                  Please, I mean no disrespect. One question - Your first game against "Ole Miss" or TSUN (that school up north) that we like to call them - Are the officials
                  BYU, SEC, Mix? Does anyone on the board know. And good luck against the 'bears' or what ever they call themselves now. I figure BYU by 10.
                  You have my sympathy concerning the dog shat team up north. We are afflicted with the same and it's a terrible problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by b1msudog View Post
                    Welcome b1msudog. It is nice to have visitors that can stick around and become semi-regulars.

I, too, would like to know the answer to your question. Does anyone on the board know? Now tha we are Indy, we don't really have conference refs to bring. How does SEC handle OOC games? Does visiting team bring refs, i assume?

Also, whats the word on all this noise I'm hearing about BYU being part of the 15th or 16th SEC team, along with aTm? Are these just idle rumors or are there any teeth to them?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

REFs

Normally visitors bring their own ref package.
                      Haven't heard of BYU to SEC rumors...
                      That would be super to have a BYU in SEC - would add some diversity and good competition for sure.

Comment

BYU to SEC
                        oh come on

Comment

I assumed a 3rd conference provides the officials for non-conference games, but after a quick Google search it seems the road team provides the officials.

I would guess one of three things for BYU's independent state: one, they allow the home team to provide the officials; two, they bring MWC officials (or they could even bring WAC or PAC-12 officials, since they're in those respective "footprints); three, a nearby conference provides the officials (for Ole Miss, it could be C-USA or even ACC).

As a comparison, Notre Dame takes Big East officials.

BTW I like what Mullen is doing in Starkville. They were an easy team to play against prior to his arrival; now they're a tough football team. He did a great job as the QB coach at Utah. Also, where is Archie Muniz on the depth chart? I was really disappointed to see Utah lose out on him two years ago.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Here's a good article from a Notre Dame perspective that advocates the NCAA to take over officiating, and not individual conferences:

http://indiana.sbnation.com/notre-da...ence-officials
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                              I assumed a 3rd conference provides the officials for non-conference games, but after a quick Google search it seems the road team provides the officials.

I would guess one of three things for BYU's independent state: one, they allow the home team to provide the officials; two, they bring MWC officials (or they could even bring WAC or PAC-12 officials, since they're in those respective "footprints); three, a nearby conference provides the officials (for Ole Miss, it could be C-USA or even ACC).

As a comparison, Notre Dame takes Big East officials.

BTW I like what Mullen is doing in Starkville. They were an easy team to play against prior to his arrival; now they're a tough football team. He did a great job as the QB coach at Utah. Also, where is Archie Muniz on the depth chart? I was really disappointed to see Utah lose out on him two years ago.
                              BYU is using the Big 12/MWC officials.

Comment

Working...
                              X