Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a scale of 1-10, how upset would you be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a scale of 1-10, how upset would you be...

Let's play the assume game...

On a scale of 1-10, how upset would you be if BYU was extended an offer to the Big 12 (a Big 12 with Texas and Oklahoma committed for at least 5-years) and decided to turn it down. Let's also assume that BYU can still keep their deal with BYUtv and ESPN for the most part.

One is not upset at all, ten is I would no longer cheer for or support BYU athletics. (poll coming)
    1 (Not at all, BYU knows what is best for BYU)
    8.93%
    7.14%
    3 (Disappointed, but understand there may have been risks BYU not willing to take)
    7.14%
    7.14%
    5 (I'm mad, but I'm a Coug fan and will always support my team)
    26.79%
    19.64%
    7 (Upset to the point that I won't attend games, but will watch on TV)
    8.93%
    5.36%
    9 (So mad I'm now a Utah fan)
    5.36%
    10 (So mad I will give up college sports totally)
    3.57%

I would be a ten but would still cheer for BYU.

It would be idiotic to turn down a Big 12 invite.

Just for basketball alone how could you not want Kansas, K-State, Texas, etc. coming to the Marriott?

And you look at football scheduling and how tough it will be to get decent home and homes going forward and it is an absolute no-brainer to go to the Big 12.

Comment

Given those parameters 10 isn't high enough.

Comment

I would have picked 10 if it didn't include giving up college sports. Your scenario is a no brainer to accept the offer.

Comment

What offer?

It's just like last year around here.
          "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
          -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
          -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I would be a 10 but no way would I give up college football.

Comment

Why is there no "giddy" option for Seattle and LA?

Comment

In order for me to give an answer I am going to have to assume the reason is because the admin. wants control and that is more important than providing a top notch schedule.

If they actually start having a great schedule beginning in 2013, I would rescind my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  Why is there no "giddy" option for Seattle and LA?
                  It's there. I bet you can figure out which option it is...

Comment

Whoops - I voted before I saw the assumption that BYU could keep their current TV deal. If that case, I would be more upset than a 3. I would still keep my season tickets but I would be upset.

Comment

Somewhere between six and eight.

Comment

Big 12 schedule would be a huge improvement in ALL sports. Competition, recruiting, money, and the "exposure" that BYU is looking for would all be better than what they have now. It would be really dumb for them to turn down an invite.

However, I really think a Big 12 invite is a lot farther reach than many BYU fans would hope to believe. As much as I like BYU, they do carry a lot of baggage.

(I voted 6)

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Somewhere between six and eight.
                          Sounds like a 7 to me.
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

I am not sure agree with the poll choices. Shouldn't item 10 be something like "I will commit seppuku on the 50-yard line at LES and the stain of my crimson red blood will stand forever as a witness to this shameful outrage"?

I mean "Give up college sports"? That doesn't make sense.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I am not sure agree with the poll choices. Shouldn't item 10 be something like "I will commit seppuku on the 50-yard line at LES and the stain of my crimson red blood will stand forever as a witness to this shameful outrage"?

I mean "Give up college sports"? That doesn't make sense.
                              9 makes no sense in any context, irrespective of this B12 issue.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X