PDA

View Full Version : For Ute fans, and for BYU fans with a sense of humor

LA Ute
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I like to think I would laugh at this YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6CROOR2QN8)even if the tables were turned:

RockyBalboa
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I've seen it several times now, but it is very funny.

Jeff Lebowski
11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
This man killed millions of people. There is nothing funny about Hitler. You should be ashamed for posting that.

creekster
11-26-2008, 11:22 PM
It was pretty funy in the first iteration I saw (dallas and redskins). It was amusing the next several versions. It is not funny now, as it has been done so many times.

Flystripper
11-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I have seen tons of funny things that poke fun at BYU's loss. This was not one of them. I wasn't overly offended, but likening BYU to the Third Reich is in very poor taste. Likening any sporting event to the war with Nazi Germany isn't funny. I am pretty sure I would not have laughed if the tables were turned, and I laugh at pretty much anything. Seriously, comics love me. I am pretty much the perfect audience.

Sorry man.

venkman
11-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I like to think I would laugh at this even if the tables were turned:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6CROOR2QN8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6CROOR2QN8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've never seen it but it was pretty funny. And yes, offensive, of course.

At any rate, I forgive you.

LA Ute
11-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Since several found it offensive, I've taken the video down but left a link. I was surprised that anyone was offended, but on reflection I can see that, and youse guys are my brethren (whether I like it or not), and this board is not about offending people. Sorry!

During the pre-election Prop 8 wars there was a version of this satirizing the "No" side, and I thought that was side-splittingly funny too.

cougjunkie
11-27-2008, 07:13 AM
nobody was offended.

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=418

LA Ute
11-27-2008, 07:52 AM
nobody was offended.

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=418

I give up. I cannot tell who means what they say here, and I have a pretty good ironic sense. Anyway, the link's there for those who want to see it. I did not know it had been posted here before.

pelagius
11-27-2008, 07:57 AM
I give up. I cannot tell who means what they say here, and I have a pretty good ironic sense. Anyway, the link's there for those who want to see it. I did not know it had been posted here before.

Sorry LA. You had the misfortune to be the 3rd person to post that video in about the last 24 hours. And people have been riffing off the very first discussion (the one that junkie linked to) since then. There are a few people here who find in bad taste but I think most found it humorous or at the least unobjectionable.

UtahDan
11-27-2008, 08:06 AM
This isn't offensive unless you are looking for offense. Lighten up Francis.

C6cxNR9ML8k

SeattleUte
11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I think any spoof that makes zoobies into Nazis is funny. It actually is very funny especially the first half of it. My only objection is it also spoofs my favorite movie of all time, which is not a comedy in any way. But I think this in a back handed way will give it the popularity it always deserved.

Jeff Lebowski
11-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I was hoping we could get the same set of responses and video clips the third time around. Party poopers.

Jeff Lebowski
11-27-2008, 08:25 AM

Don't worry. We are just having some fun with you.

il Padrino Ute
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
I was hoping we could get the same set of responses and video clips the third time around. Party poopers.

kHmYIo7bcUw

Ha! I've recaptured the title of "First to post this clip from The Producers"

Take that!

SteelBlue
11-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Since several found it offensive, I've taken the video down but left a link. I was surprised that anyone was offended, but on reflection I can see that, and youse guys are my brethren (whether I like it or not), and this board is not about offending people. Sorry!

During the pre-election Prop 8 wars there was a version of this satirizing the "No" side, and I thought that was side-splittingly funny too.

I don't think anyone was offended and if they were they haven't been paying attention as these Hitler videos are everywhere. Plus if you can't laugh at the line "anyone who bought one of those quest for perfection t-shirts leave now" then when can you laugh?

LA Ute
11-27-2008, 10:35 AM
is that that clip has been used over and over for similar spoofs. Sony Pictures had the Prop 8 spoof pulled. The others seem to have been left alone.

SeattleUte
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
is that that clip has been used over and over for similar spoofs. Sony Pictures had the Prop 8 spoof pulled. The others seem to have been left alone.

One thing that's become clear since last Saturday is BYU fans have the thinnest skins of any people on earth. It's been a while since I've seen such a mass persecution complex.

Solon
11-28-2008, 07:05 AM
One thing that's become clear since last Saturday is BYU fans have the thinnest skins of any people on earth. It's been a while since I've seen such a mass persecution complex.

I'm sure Ute fans are laying it on a little thicker this year. Two years of hearing "Harline is still open," "Austin 4.18" and "Magic Happens", coupled with the hubris of declaring a "Quest for Perfection" before the season began, makes the final act of this little tragedy even more cathartic for the self-affirming audience.

Nemesis is always a bitch.

Jeff Lebowski
11-28-2008, 08:07 AM

LOL. Based on what, specifically?

cougjunkie
11-28-2008, 09:05 AM

I am going to go ahead and say that apostates that cant leave the Mormon church alone are 1st, BYU fans are 2nd.

PaloAltoCougar
11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL. Based on what, specifically?

SU's customary level of objectivity and analysis. He seems oblivious to the fact that his enduring presence on boards that are managed by BYU fans (who, if their skins were as thin as he alleges, would have Shiz'd him years ago) contradicts his observation. To his credit, I suppose, our dermal thickness has increased because of him.

LA Ute
11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
To his credit, I suppose, our dermal thickness has increased because of him.

I think it's more a matter of the attention many of us are willing to pay to his posts. Sometimes, on religious posts at least, he is reduced to the cyberspace equivalent of a protester at Temple Square during general conference

When it comes to sports posts, however, he is often peerless, especially regarding Ute lore and history. He's also pretty astute about Ute sports in general. I am a fan of his.

TripletDaddy
11-28-2008, 12:02 PM
When it comes to sports posts, however, he is often peerless

You need some new peers. ASAFP.

LA Ute
11-28-2008, 12:12 PM
You need some new peers. ASAFP.

"Often" being the operative word.

TripletDaddy
11-28-2008, 12:14 PM
"Often" being the operative word.

"often" implies regularity, frequency, multiple instances, etc.

Maybe I need to pay more attention.

LA Ute
11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
"often" implies regularity, frequency, multiple instances, etc.

Maybe I need to pay more attention.

Hey, cut me some slack here. I'm trying to give props to a Ute brother.

Jeff Lebowski
11-28-2008, 12:32 PM
SU's customary level of objectivity and analysis. He seems oblivious to the fact that his enduring presence on boards that are managed by BYU fans (who, if their skins were as thin as he alleges, would have Shiz'd him years ago) contradicts his observation. To his credit, I suppose, our dermal thickness has increased because of him.

Good point.

Hey SU, just in case it isn't obvious, I was kidding about being upset with those e-mails I get regarding Max Hall. I thought they were pretty funny. That's why I posted them here.

TripletDaddy
11-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey, cut me some slack here. I'm trying to give props to a Ute brother.

ha. you're right. carry on, hermano.

I just don't want SU to get a swollen dome. He already is looking like Nostradamus with his Oregon State posts.

Solon
11-28-2008, 12:56 PM
ha. you're right. carry on, hermano.

I just don't want SU to get a swollen [golden] dome. He already is looking like Nostradamus [= Notre Dame] with his Oregon State posts.

Clever.

USC might hit 75 against Notre Dame.

TripletDaddy
11-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Clever.

USC might hit 75 against Notre Dame.

Speaking in code isn't fun when you smart guys figure it out in seconds.

Tomorrow is the Butt's last stand. Fight On, Our Lady of Victory and deliver us from evil!

We shall worship from thine altar.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/ssaddiq65/usc_football_2006.gif

SeattleUte
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Sorry for the tasteless quip, guys. I'm sure RES was like the ninth circle of hell for BYU fans. I'm shocked the mayor doesn't send out a bulletin every two years end of November pleading with BYU fans to stay away from RES so they won't be torn to pieces and dipped in boiling oil.

All-American
11-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, one thing is certain: the creator of that clip, while perhaps not entirely original, is astonishingly good-looking.

TripletDaddy
11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, one thing is certain: the creator of that clip, while perhaps not entirely original, is astonishingly good-looking.

Did you actually write the subtitles? Or were the technical person that put it together?

If you did all the writing, I am pretty impressed.

SeattleUte
11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Did you actually write the subtitles? Or were the technical person that put it together?

I agree. It gets better the third time through. There are a lot of little things that are hilarious. Tons of inside joke stuff. It's a classic. ("Where is our reward for all our righteuos living." LOL. Not that much different from some stuff Hitler really said in that scene.)

All-American
11-29-2008, 09:28 AM

I downloaded a clip without subtitles and did the rest.

SeattleUte
11-29-2008, 09:34 AM

you ARE a smart fellow. Clear down to the ladies' whispered comment about Phantom playing at the Venetian you know your people.

All-American
11-29-2008, 09:39 AM
you ARE a smart fellow. Clear down to the ladies' whispered comment about Phantom playing at the Venetian you know your people.

Well, I DID misspell "Venetian" . . .

. . . but thanks.

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 10:30 AM

wow. no offense, but where is that wit on the message board? This is an entirely new side to you.

did it take you a long time to come up with the script and concept?

SeattleUte
11-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, I DID misspell "Venetian" . . .

. . . but thanks.

The more I think of your creation the mor brilliant I realize it is. Subtleties like how they initially describe only the Ute offense success, and then Hitler saying "Max Hall is our quarterback he will get the ball into the end zone every time." Then the general replying about the six turnovers and Hitler ordering the buyers of quest for perfection t-shirts out of the room and losing it, "We were supposed to go to the BCS! We were supposed to be undefeated! Where is our reward for all our righteous living!" Very well put together. And BYU's quarterback named Max!

Perfect. I think the spoof was custom made for that game, and you nailed it AA.

All-American
11-29-2008, 08:29 PM
wow. no offense, but where is that wit on the message board? This is an entirely new side to you.

did it take you a long time to come up with the script and concept?

No offense taken. Besides, the thing was specifically intended for this board. I was reading the "Hitler is at it again" thread, thought the game would make for good material, and spent an hour or so putting it together. Putting it up on youtube and linking it here was the quickest way I could think of to put the video here. I figured it would get a chuckle or two, and we've move along.

Then I went to Michigan this week to have Thanksgiving with my brother (hence the quip about Michigan, by the way), and when we got together with some of the guys from his ward, one of them asked me if I was the guy who put together the Hitler clip. I had no idea anybody else would see it.

Jeff Lebowski
11-29-2008, 09:49 PM
No offense taken. Besides, the thing was specifically intended for this board. I was reading the "Hitler is at it again" thread, thought the game would make for good material, and spent an hour or so putting it together. Putting it up on youtube and linking it here was the quickest way I could think of to put the video here. I figured it would get a chuckle or two, and we've move along.

Then I went to Michigan this week to have Thanksgiving with my brother (hence the quip about Michigan, by the way), and when we got together with some of the guys from his ward, one of them asked me if I was the guy who put together the Hitler clip. I had no idea anybody else would see it.

Well done, AA.

SteelBlue
11-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Brilliant work AA, I was showing it to bluegoose on Thanksgiving day when we noticed your name as the original youtube poster. We bragged to our wives that we "know" you at which point they said "how?" and, well, that always gets embarrassing doesn't it?

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 10:11 PM

Well, regardless of how it came together, that was a great script.

You know, you really should consider putting your writing skills to good use and go to a top-tier law school....

All-American
11-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Well, regardless of how it came together, that was a great script.

You know, you really should consider putting your writing skills to good use and go to a top-tier law school....

I'll think about it.

Actually, I toured the Michigan law school when I was out there, and it did look awfully nice.

TripletDaddy
11-29-2008, 10:20 PM
I'll think about it.

Actually, I toured the Michigan law school when I was out there, and it did look awfully nice.

Are you really an All American?

If so, now is a good time to try to walk on with the Wolverine football team.

All-American
11-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Are you really an All American?

If so, now is a good time to try to walk on with the Wolverine football team.

Nah, far from it. The nickname came from various high school football practices, when the coach would tell us to run a play at half-speed (but not say so loud enough for the defensive tackle to hear). At any rate, I've used up my eligibility.

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Nah, far from it. The nickname came from various high school football practices, when the coach would tell us to run a play at half-speed (but not say so loud enough for the defensive tackle to hear). At any rate, I've used up my eligibility.

So you were the defensive tackle?

All-American
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
So you were the defensive tackle?

Oh yeah. I'd sack the quarterback, pump my fist, and get chewed out. One of the coaches threw out a quip like "oh, he really IS going half speed. He's just that fast. He's a regular All-American." And the nickname stuck.

Hey, it was better than "Douche-bag."

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah. I'd sack the quarterback, pump my fist, and get chewed out. One of the coaches threw out a quip like "oh, he really IS going half speed. He's just that fast. He's a regular All-American." And the nickname stuck.

Yes, All-American is a better nickname. But not as good as Skip.

My nickname was an acronym - THIGH. My friends called me THIGH because everywhere I went, people would point at me and yell "There he is! Get him!"

Surfah
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM

I hated guys like you when we were running our first team offense and going half speed through plays. That's how I got in the only fight on my football team when I had to put an over-zealous defensive tackle in his place.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I hated guys like you when we were running our first team offense and going half speed through plays. That's how I got in the only fight on my football team when I had to put an over-zealous defensive tackle in his place.

"You just summed up your entire sorry career here in one sentence! If you had a tenth of the heart of AA, you'd have made All-American by now! As it is, you just went from third team to the prep team! Get out of here!"

il Padrino Ute
11-29-2008, 11:17 PM
"You just summed up your entire sorry career here in one sentence! If you had a tenth of the heart of AA, you'd have made All-American by now! As it is, you just went from third team to the prep team! Get out of here!"

Rudy quotes are always good.

Surfah
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM

Sorry, but I'll never paint helmets either.

cougjunkie
11-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry, but I'll never paint helmets either.

When I was in highschool we wanted stick marks on our helmets. I never washed my helmet I liked having paint from other schools on there.

Surfah
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
When I was in highschool we wanted stick marks on our helmets. I never washed my helmet I liked having paint from other schools on there.

Same thing here. I liked to leave marks.