Rendering of our future landscaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering of our future landscaping

We hired a great local landscape designer and she did a big, fancy drawing and plant list. I used software to replicate her drawing in 3D, and this is the result:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/27518749"]Landscaping rendering on Vimeo[/ame]

I set the plants to reflect how they would look after 10 years. We'll start with the big trees in the backyard this fall.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

That's cool, and it looks real good.

On the negative side, your neighbors really need to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
      That got a good chuckle out of me.

The place looks good. I really like the fire pit. Now all it takes is patience to let it all grow in.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

That's cool, and it looks real good.

Neighbors? Tim's a'homesteadin'!

btw, Tim with the dual climate control for upstairs and downstairs
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Neighbors? Tim's a'homesteadin'!

btw, Tim with the dual climate control for upstairs and downstairs
          I have independently-programmed thermostats for each floor. Upstairs is off for 90% of the day.
          Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            I have independently-programmed thermostats for each floor.
            ok, now you're just big-timing us.

sigpic

Comment

ok, now you're just big-timing us.
              I thought that started when he posted a 3D video render of his landscaping done by a landscape architect.

Looks good. I like grill and bar setup.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                I thought that started when he posted a 3D video render of his landscaping done by a landscape architect.
                I hope I didn't offend by posting images of my house? I thought I'd be safe to post that kind of stuff in the Fuse Box. I definitely don't have the biggest house on CUF, so I didn't think there would be a negative "Tim's a dickhead" impression for posting this. Mostly I just thought some of the yard junkies here would enjoy it. Apologies if I misjudged that, though.
                Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I hope I didn't offend by posting images of my house? I thought I'd be safe to post that kind of stuff in the Fuse Box. I definitely don't have the biggest house on CUF, so I didn't think there would be a negative "Tim's a dickhead" impression for posting this. Mostly I just thought some of the yard junkies here would enjoy it. Apologies if I misjudged that, though.
                  Easy. I was just busting your balls.

I like the house quite a bit. Thanks for sharing. That room on the back of the house with the stairs coming down to the grill area, is that a planned addition or part of your home now?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Easy. I was just busting your balls.

I like the house quite a bit. Thanks for sharing. That room on the back of the house with the stairs coming down to the grill area, is that a planned addition or part of your home now?
                    Yeah. We have a 12'x13' deck there now, and we plan to turn it into a 14'x16' covered porch with doors on either side.
                    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I think it is cool, too Tim. A nice yard is a lot of fun for the family.

And I do think dual climate control is

sigpic

Comment

I think it is cool, too Tim. A nice yard is a lot of fun for the family.

And I do think dual climate control is
                        We got our first quote in the other day for the deck (just the deck, not the patio or the landscaping). Not going to happen this year, I can tell you that much!
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I'll take some of the heat by saying that I also have dual climate control with independently programed thermostats.

I think this is much more common in NC than in Utah.

Of course, I don't have a professionally landscaped yard.

Comment

We got our first quote in the other day for the deck (just the deck, not the patio or the landscaping). Not going to happen this year, I can tell you that much!
                            We're thinking about redoing our deck. I'm interested to know if you don't mind, how much were you quoted?
                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I think this is much more common in NC than in Utah.
                              Texas too. In Utah half your square footage is usually underground and thus doesn't need A/C. But if you have two floors above ground where it is hot, zoning (or even better, mutliple units) is pretty much a necessity.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Working...
                              X