Who do you want on your team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want on your team?

So at the beginning of camp, today, if you had to put together a team to play right now, who would you choose:

LT: Cullen or M Reynolds
    LG: Brenner or H Reynolds
    C: Stevens or T Brown
    RG: Tofoenono or Hansen
    RT: Bergstrom or B Brown

QB: Wynn or Heaps
    RB: Langi or DiLuigi
    FB: Rogers or Mendenhall

TE: Moeai or Holt
    X: Christopher or Hoffman
    Z: Anderson or Apo

LE: Shelby or Rowley
    T: Aino or Fuga
    RE: Kruger or Manumaleuna
    NT: Lotulelei or ??

LB: Martinez or Van Noy
    MLB: Walker or Kaveinga
    LB: Blechen or Pendleton
    LB: ?? or Ogletree

FS: McGill or Uale
    SS: Walker or Sorenson
    CB: Lacy or Buckner
    CB: Black or Eason

Obviously, I'm more familiar with the BYU players than the Utah players, but looking at this list, if I had to put a team on the field today i would choose two of the Utes' offensive players (Brenner and Moeai) and four of the Utes' defensive players (Aino, Lotulelei, Kruger, Lacy) over their BYU counterparts.

How blue are my goggles?
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

I only know who one of the Utes is, and I'll take Jake Heaps.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I'd probably take the entire ute secondary.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I'd probably take the entire ute secondary.
        Everyone but Sorenson. But maybe that is just expecting too much of him from me.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Going strictly from your list, assuming that these are all gauranteed starters (I have some reservations about some of your assumed Ute starters) Here are my choices:

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
          So at the beginning of camp, today, if you had to put together a team to play right now, who would you choose:

Obviously, I'm more familiar with the BYU players than the Utah players, but looking at this list, if I had to put a team on the field today i would choose two of the Utes' offensive players (Brenner and Moeai) and four of the Utes' defensive players (Aino, Lotulelei, Kruger, Lacy) over their BYU counterparts.

How blue are my goggles?

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post

How blue are my goggles?
            I will go ahead and play this game...... I will just put my starting lineup tomorrow if I had both teams to combine.

LT - M. Reynolds
            LG - T Bergstrom
            C - T Stevens
            RG - B. Hansen
            RT - J. Cullen

Those are the top 5 lineman in IMO if you combined both teams and you can get all 5 of them on the field at the same time if one of them can play center.

Q.B. Heaps
            RB - Juice
            FB - Don't really care and in all honesty there isn't really anyone that would stand out and make you say he would be the guy.

WR - D Christopher
            WR - Apo
            WR - Dres Anderson

TE - Moeai

Defense, I am going to run a 4-3 because that is the defense I prefer.

RE - Manu
            T - This is a tough call between Aiono and Fangupo.
            NT - Star
            LE - Shelby or Finau

Probably the deepest of all the positions. I love Utah's D line. I think both Fangupo and Manu would be in the rotation if they played at Utah. I am not sold on Fuga being back to 100%.

LB - Pendleton
            LB - Van Noy
            LB - Blechan

CB - Black
            CB - Lacy
            SS - Sorensen
            FS - McGuill
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              I only know who one of the Utes is, and I'll take Jake Heaps.
              Same

Comment

I think I agree pretty much down the line with HL's list. I like Hoffman more than Apo right now based on staying healthy and time in the program and actual production on the field at this point.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  I will go ahead and play this game...... I will just put my starting lineup tomorrow if I had both teams to combine.

LT - M. Reynolds
                  LG - T Bergstrom
                  C - T Stevens
                  RG - B. Hansen
                  RT - J. Cullen

Those are the top 5 lineman in IMO if you combined both teams and you can get all 5 of them on the field at the same time if one of them can play center.

Q.B. Heaps
                  RB - Juice
                  FB - Don't really care and in all honesty there isn't really anyone that would stand out and make you say he would be the guy.

WR - D Christopher
                  WR - Apo
                  WR - Dres Anderson

TE - Moeai

Defense, I am going to run a 4-3 because that is the defense I prefer.

RE - Manu
                  T - This is a tough call between Aiono and Fangupo.
                  NT - Star
                  LE - Shelby or Finau

Probably the deepest of all the positions. I love Utah's D line. I think both Fangupo and Manu would be in the rotation if they played at Utah. I am not sold on Fuga being back to 100%.

LB - Pendleton
                  LB - Van Noy
                  LB - Blechan

CB - Black
                  CB - Lacy
                  SS - Sorensen
                  FS - McGuill
                  Pretty fair. I can't argue with this list. You take the best of Utah and BYU and you'd have a top 10 team that could win it all IMO. Especially when you consider the depth they'd have.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    FS - McGuill
                    Can I read here that you are sold on him enough to overcome your bias against JC transfers? Or are you listing him just because there are no other alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      I think I agree pretty much down the line with HL's list. I like Hoffman more than Apo right now based on staying healthy and time in the program and actual production on the field at this point.
                      Hoffman would see the field, I just don't see him as a game changer at Wide out. He is the guy that is big, runs good routes and will be a really good option but he in my mind is more of a possession receiver. He doesn't have the speed to separate himself from good corners. See the Utah game last year as an example. I also know that I am going on potential and hype with Apo and Dres Anderson.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Cullen vs. M Reynolds would be a reeally tough decision. I like both. I noticed HL finessed this question.

Tony Bergstrom does okay against BYU, but I saw him get handled by that TCU guy, and it's hard for me to respect someone who got burned all game. Like Travis Uale- one bad game and I think he's a scrub forever. Funny how that works.

D Christopher is a big question mark, but Apo is too. Let's see if Apo can withstand hits without injury.

I'm still scratching my head over Blecchen's move. Why? Why? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Have you seen Utah's LBs? Notice who HL picked for the others.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                            Can I read here that you are sold on him enough to overcome your bias against JC transfers? Or are you listing him just because there are no other alternatives?
                            I haven't overcome my bias and I am breaking my own rules. So I guess it is a little bit of both. Uale isn't good. According to the Ute program McGuill is the best option they have at FS. That being said, after having a couple of conversations with some two former Ute players that are actually very close with McGuill, I am having a hard time not buying into the hype. I will just throw out there that I am excited about the Rowe kid who is a freshman at Utah out of Texas.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              Cullen vs. M Reynolds would be a reeally tough decision. I like both. I noticed HL finessed this question.

Tony Bergstrom does okay against BYU, but I saw him get handled by that TCU guy, and it's hard for me to respect someone who got burned all game. Like Travis Uale- one bad game and I think he's a scrub forever. Funny how that works.

D Christopher is a big question mark, but Apo is too. Let's see if Apo can withstand hits without injury.

Blechan was a really really good safety that didn't have the speed to be an elite Safety IMO. He has a frame to add weight, he plays the run really well and will hit you. He did struggle at covering wide outs though. That was his weakness. Going back to the speed thing, he does have the speed to be an incredible LB and if he can put on just a few more pounds and carry it well, he could be something special.

As for Bergstrom, that is why I moved him inside. He was playing on an island. Even though he struggled against TCU, I still don't think he gave up a sack last year. I may be wrong though.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X